Avantek C-Band LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I took off an Avantek C-Band LNBf or LNA from my 12ft Paraclipse Dish that I'm cleaning up and going to be putting back into service. See pictures. Can anyone let me know how this can be used? Is it an LNA or LNB, or should I just replace this with the Geosat Pro 2 C-Band Dual output LNB?
Avantek_1.jpgAvantek_2.jpgAvantek_3.jpgAvantek_4.jpg

That looks like an old-school LNA. It appears to be a larger 50 ohm 214 cable "N" connector on the end. The cable from that would run to a seperate downconverter box mounted somewhere on the dish. Then, a RG-6 75 ohm cable would run to your analog receiver.

While it would be possible to use it if you still have a downconverter laying around, it's probably a much higher degree LNA then you'd want to use. You can buy replacement 15 degree c-band lnB's on Ebay for $13.00 US. At that price, why bother with all the hassle of using that ancient tech? Put it in the basement next to your Atwater Kent tube radio...

P.S. That's a Polarotor 2 motor on the back side that's just a plain motor in there, NO servo electronics. So you could use a 6 volt battery with a cross-wired switch to flip polarity around.

That feedhorn and LNA look pretty rough... Do you still have the down-converter and it's power supply? I have a few of these kicking around but never tried them with digital signals... Don't see why it wouldn't. Some of the older downconverters had different LO frequencies though.

It looks rough because of many years of caked wasp combs. It just looks to be cleaned. Unfortunately I don't have the downconverter or any other accessories associated with it. Oh well, I will store it for the heck of it or give it away to someone that may have a need for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts