Average 622/722 Temperature thread, Is your's Hot?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cincyguy2k4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
I found something today I thought was really cool to share and maybe some of you will also post your findings with your reciever.

By hitting Menu > 6 > 2 will take you to the Diagnostics screen. Then select Counters.

You can hit Page Down to check out all the Diag info its keeping.

One that I found really cool was that it keeps track of your temps on your box.

My average Temp is 104F
Highest Temp was 122F
and Lowest was 73F

Whats yours?

That's pretty cool. From the Tech. Portal interactive menus:

Attachments

• 622 diagnostics-count3.jpg
    622 diagnostics-count3.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,220
Hmm, I'll have to check mine and post. Hopefully I'll have the lowest numbers around. Installed two more fans on my rack (for a total of 4) prior to installing the 622. Both of these fans blow directly on the 622, with one of them lined-up perfectly with the 622's intake fan. All 4 fans blow into the rack with filters on them, creating a positive pressure, low-dust environment.

I did this after feeling the top of the 522 that used to be in there and realizing how hot it was. I've touched the top of the 622 several times since last weeks' install and it's always been room temperature. We'll see how it measures up once I check the temp counter.

High Temp: 129
Low Temp: 68
Avg Temp: 107

My 622 sits in a cabinet with ventilation.

Should I be worried about this? Last Connect: 02-28-06

Hi 123
Low 77
Avg 105

A little higher than I thought it would be, considering it has two fans blowing on it, however, it's in a very tight equipment rack,so the fans have their work cut out for them!

Jrfuda,
Maybe I misunderstood your setup but the fans should be faced so that they blow out of the rack. In other words, they should be pulling the warm out through the fans. That may explain why you are getting higher number than you would expect.

High 116
Low 68
Avg 98

Just sitting in an open shelf, plenty of space on left and right. I have a DVD recorder on top of it.

Ok, my average has gone up to 120 now, thinking about mounting a fan to blow into the case of the 622. Where is the HD inside, and the factory fan? I dont want to aim a fan in where the factory fan exhausts. I was thinking of pushing air in on the right side (as viewed from the front of the 622). Anyone have a pic of the inside?

Kirby Baker said:
Ok, my average has gone up to 120 now, thinking about mounting a fan to blow into the case of the 622. Where is the HD inside, and the factory fan? I dont want to aim a fan in where the factory fan exhausts. I was thinking of pushing air in on the right side (as viewed from the front of the 622). Anyone have a pic of the inside?

Over at DBStalk they have their review and on page 14 they talk about the airflow characteristics

http://www.dbstalk.com/622review/DBSTalkViP622Review.pdf

I'm sure they won't like me linking to them, (I kinda feel dirty about it myself at times)

Edit:

Let me clear up the confusion for those the PM'd me on it. By they I mean DBStalk won't like me linking to their site.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)