Average 622/722 Temperature thread, Is your's Hot?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
High 138° is as high it will go before shutting down. Although, freezing might be a different problem. I would try to cool it a little, these receivers are poorly designed as far as heat transfer. My 722 shut down a couple of times @138° before I added an external fan, never had a problem since then.

It is a possibility since your High temperature is at 138. Is the receiver well ventilated? Does it occur on a certain channel or any channel? Does it occur with bad weather or clear weather? Please let me know. Thanks.

My 722k freezes up alot lately, do you think it has something to do w/the HDD temperature?

High - 138
Low - 114
Avg - 120

Just out of curiosity, what's the lowest average temperature you can go down to without actually hurting your DVR?

You should NOT be worried about the "lowest temperature" of any commercial electronic equipment. Most commercial grade electronic components are rated at a minimum of 0° Celsius. The high temperature is the killer of any electronic equipment.

Just out of curiosity, what's the lowest average temperature you can go down to without actually hurting your DVR?
Why do you ask? Are you putting the receiver in the freezer or using some kind of hydrofluoroether liquid cooling system? :D

Anything below about 45F is not good for hard drives. However, once warmed up to running temperature, they could probably handle 32 with ease. Starting/stopping the hard drives in 45 or below will cause lubrication issues, as the oil lubricant in the drives is not designed to run below 45.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I know the drives won't run if the temp is too low, it will give you a warning saying indeed the temp is too low.;)
The stated operating temperatures typically go down to 0C. Obviously, the average temperature would have to be somewhat above the minimum.

Wide swings in temperature can be very damaging (condensation in extreme cases) so you shouldn't put a DVR where there isn't relatively consistent climate control.

Personally, I don't worry about temps as Dish will replace them anyway. I'm not about to spend extra dough to make up for design flaws. I move all my important stuff to EHD and back up timers to remote.

Personally, I don't worry about temps as Dish will replace them anyway. I'm not about to spend extra dough to make up for design flaws. I move all my important stuff to EHD and back up timers to remote.
Normally I'd agree with this, but in this case, a "$10 ounce of prevention" was worth it to me over a "free pound of cure" to avoid the downtime and hassle of frequent reboots and potential hardware replacement.

Normally I'd agree with this, but in this case, a "$10 ounce of prevention" was worth it to me over a "free pound of cure" to avoid the downtime and hassle of frequent reboots and potential hardware replacement.

I never have issues so maybe I'm just lucky. I keep everything out in the open and in climate control, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)