Average temperature thread for Directv receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
Feel free to make this sticky. I was curious to know what the general consensus was for the internal temps (or hard drive temps, whatever you want to call it) for D* receivers. To my surprise, even though the Genie is bigger than Dish's 722k and it's in a cabinet, it's not running as hot as I thought it would (which is definitely a good thing.) When I had my 722k, it was running at about 123 degrees. My genie right now is only at 113 and it's been on all day. Is that usually about the average or do the older receivers run hotter? Please feel free to post as my curiosity is now killing me.:D

EDIT: If you don't know how to check, got to: Menu, settings, info & test, more info.

Well, my old HR20's usually ran between 117* and 127*.

My HR24's run much less.

Just checked, the one in the Home Theatre Center is running 106*.

Bedroom HR24 is running at 111*

Well, my old HR20's usually ran between 117* and 127*.

My HR24's run much less.

Just checked, the one in the Home Theatre Center is running 106*.

Bedroom HR24 is running at 111*

Interesting, 24 hrs later and they are running at the same temp ... figured it would change some...

Different airflow in the different areas = different temps. For a while I was lucky enough to have my rack right under the A/C vent so I ran a heater hose from the duct into the "rack" and the HTPC and HR24 and the TIVO loved it! The cooler you make it, the longer everything lasts. But none of the temps I saw are are anything to worry about... my old SD GXCEBOT still going strong an it runs at an average 115C!

I haven't checked the temp but it doesn't heat the room like my old Dish receiver did. Man you could fry an egg on that thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts