Avsforum blocking SatelliteGuys URL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

iammike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Roanoke,VA
Someone asked me a question about FTA satellite on the AVSForum site, to which I attempted to refer them to this web site. Apparently AVSForum doesn't like their users posting links to SatelliteGuys because when I submitted my post they converted www.satelliteguys.us to www.*********.us . Seems like a pretty shabby thing to do, particularly when SatelliteGuys reported their purchase of Dbstalk on the main page, including links to the avsforum web site.

Scott Greczkowski said:
We can't control what they do.

But do as I do, just tell them the url is http://www.satguys.us :)

If you want to post a link to something here like a thread go to http://www.tinyurl.com and enter the url there, it will give you a special URL which you can post to AVS and it won't be blocked.

There are always way around things. :)

I learn new things on this site every day. :)

i guess that is better than having the entire post deleted like they do at dbs talk. wonder what dbstalk will to now since they have sold to avs.

Why don't we block the AVS forum site name since they do it to us?

i said the same a while ago with dbs talk, but i agree with scott when he tries to give the users the best possible experience while at this site. and if that means giving news that is on other sites, he wants his users to be exposed to it.

however, i would not mind if he deceided to block urls.

I won't block them because that is childish. And I hope they DON'T unblock us as we have actually been getting a large number of new people just because AVS is blocking us, when people see ************.US they only wonder what they are blocking and actually search to figure out whats being censored. :)

It's almost like AVS is giving us free advertising. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I won't block them because that is childish.
Good for you Scott, my thoughts exactly. This is my favorite forum, there's hardly any bickering, the info is here before anywhere else, the info is accurate and we feel like a big family here. Keep up the good work. :yes

I have pretty much quit going to AVS because they have such an elitist, "better than though" attitude with their $20,000 pj's and $50,000 speaker setups, gag me with a spoon. :no

DarrellP said:
...I have pretty much quit going to AVS because they have such an elitist, "better than though" attitude with their $20,000 pj's and $50,000 speaker setups, gag me with a spoon. :no

lmao

Can you say "irony"?

What about your sig, pal?

Sorry AcuraCL, I have a budget pj, cost less than $1800. Besides, I don't look down on others because they "only" have a 90" screen. :D Thanks for pointing that out, I've changed it. ;)

Ah, that was nice.

I'd change my screen-name too, but I've always maintained that Acura is a Honda with a $3k nameplate.

Well, ok, a little more than that ... but still ....

Anyway, it's only like 10% of the guys there with the uber-expensive systems, but some of them can be real asses.

iammike said:
Someone asked me a question about FTA satellite on the AVSForum site, to which I attempted to refer them to this web site. Apparently AVSForum doesn't like their users posting links to SatelliteGuys because when I submitted my post they converted www.satelliteguys.us to www.*********.us . Seems like a pretty shabby thing to do, particularly when SatelliteGuys reported their purchase of Dbstalk on the main page, including links to the avsforum web site.

Lol, a forum blocking another forums url? Sorry but that's just pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)