AWESOME INSTALLERS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arneycl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Odon, IN
So I was having issues with both of my receivers losing channels. Called DirecTV and they sent out two installers to check the problem. The installers ended up replacing the LNB at the dish and the entire wiring from the dish to the house and inside the house. They even burried the wire from the dish to the house. I had my system installed in 2005 and that installer left the cable on top of the ground and I never burried it. Kudos to these two installers. Very happy customer.

A friend of mine who also has D* had a similar experience. He said the installers have been told that the focus is on quality now, not quantity. He is a very happy camper and wanted to call me and let me know of his good experience. I agree with rey_1178, it is good to hear about good experiences both here and in person.

So I was having issues with both of my receivers losing channels. Called DirecTV and they sent out two installers to check the problem. The installers ended up replacing the LNB at the dish and the entire wiring from the dish to the house and inside the house. They even burried the wire from the dish to the house. I had my system installed in 2005 and that installer left the cable on top of the ground and I never burried it. Kudos to these two installers. Very happy customer.

Here is the story on the cable & dish,

Probably they repointed the dish to fix the problem; two minutes. Then then discovered they had time to kill..........so they dug in the "drop"......(above ground cable). The LNB replacement probably did not fix the problem but somewhere in Directv repair codes replacing the LNB has a cost value...repointing is much lower, bet ya.

Regarding the unburied cable, probably some contractor tech offered to install the pole in concrete ($75.00 and dig in the cable...($1.00 / ft) and a customer..maybe you declined the costs so they ate the cost of the pole and did a quick installation. Bet there is little or no concrete on the pole. Then the original tech hit the road quickly to avoid being back charged for being late for the next of too many appointments.

Pretty sure about this,

Joe

Joe Diamond said:

Probably they repointed the dish to fix the problem; two minutes. Then then discovered they had time to kill..........so they dug in the "drop"......(above ground cable). The LNB replacement probably did not fix the problem but somewhere in Directv repair codes replacing the LNB has a cost value...repointing is much lower, bet ya.

Regarding the unburied cable, probably some contractor tech offered to install the pole in concrete ($75.00 and dig in the cable...($1.00 / ft) and a customer..maybe you declined the costs so they ate the cost of the pole and did a quick installation. Bet there is little or no concrete on the pole. Then the original tech hit the road quickly to avoid being back charged for being late for the next of too many appointments.

Pretty sure about this,

Joe

Or how about directv now offers a bonus for no repeats so the techs did their job correctly or are forced to go back. Markets are getting really picky on how a job looks after a tech leaves a home and if it's not to the standard directv requires us now we are forced to reroll and fix the job correctly. However, yours prolly has merit to it

Or how about directv now offers a bonus for no repeats so the techs did their job correctly or are forced to go back. Markets are getting really picky on how a job looks after a tech leaves a home and if it's not to the standard directv requires us now we are forced to reroll and fix the job correctly. However, yours prolly has merit to it
Hutch,

We are both right. In the earliest periods of installation a customer needed fifteen dollars to hand to the installer and the dish could be spiked to a tree. AS "penetration" progressed things got tightened up....also as the lawsuits piled up from unpaid tech and pissed off homeowners with damage...things got tightened up. Now now we have entered into Directv heaven where all the trucks are clean with Directv painted on the side. AND the techs do no wrong.

I can see both sides............the pendulum = git'er done! OR The technician will adhere to established customer service procedures to assure the finest Directv experience possible. This will include an assessment of previous installation attempts, BLAH, BLAH..............So we are both right.

When you have a new whore you dress her up. When you want to put out the same old whore you git her new lipstick............it goes like that.

Joe

Pretty sure about this,

Joe
umm, it could have been lmb, sometimes you get changed line up and i also seen where there is lost channals, also some times on upgrades there is no problem except cant pass ivr, hd you need to do retest to close job

umm, it could have been lmb, sometimes you get changed line up and i also seen where there is lost channals, also some times on upgrades there is no problem except cant pass ivr, hd you need to do retest to close job
Yup,
If you have a peaked signal and still the same problem on all IRDs you start looking at components. Directv components & technology have always been superior. Their recent attempts to fix past abuses cause me to observe their deal again. I do suspect without proof their installation verification (IV) program.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts