AXBOZ Edit Run Time Error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
Hi All,

We are North Americanizing our Satellite List using AZBOX Edit. Run TIme Error.jpg

Keep getting a Run-time error #6, See attached

Anyone know how to deal with this or seen it before? This is happening when Deleting Satellites only

Thanks for you help

Last edited:
Hi All,

We are North Americanizing our Satellite List using AZBOX Edit.View attachment 66445

Keep getting a Run-time error #6, See attached

Anyone know how to deal with this or seen it before? This is happening when Deleting Satellites only

Thanks for you help

Hi Sonya,

I am not sure on this issue. I have the same version of the editor program (0.9.2880a) and I haven't seen this error come up for me. What operating system do you have on your computer? XP/Windows7/Vista, etc? From a gut instinct here, I think that you might be missing a specific library file that the editor program requires, but that is just a guess. Usually, a missing file generates a message that it cannot find file xxxxxxxx.yyy but there may be something more involved than this.

Check some of this information out for troubleshooting: What is a runtime error? Obviously, you can "google" for more resources on this subject, but that is the best I can offer right off the cuff.

RADAR

Last edited:
Hi Radar,

We are running Win7

This error usually happens after I have been deleting un-needed Sats, then adding needed Sats (C and Ku) and then deleting more un-needed Sats

Tried reguarly saving after several changes but sooner or later this error preents me from deleting anymore Sats. We can continue to change Sat names etc, but can no longer "Delete" any unneeded Sats

Have scanned the "puter" for virus's and spyware: nothing found

Will continue working with this and see if we can figure anything else out

sonyajon,

North Americanizing the Azbox can be frustrating with the limited tools available.
I have never seen your particular problem before and suspect it is a bad file in the program someplace.

I do know that once you start the process to N/A the satellite list one should not stop and work on it at a later time as something has always seemed to pop up and go wrong or out of place. Always do it when you have the time available to spend a few hours of non-stop work to do it properly.

However all is not lost for you.

If you want a clean N/A list use the link on page 42 of the Azbox Users Guide,
(see the sticky area above to download the user guide) There are 2 channel lists at the site. One which is loaded with channels already scanned in and one with just a few for test purposes. Both have the same satellites from 5.0W to 139.0W listed.
These lists have taken into consideration several launches that are going to take place in the next couple years and you will see some new names on some/ along with the current names of the satellites.
This will save you the hours of time trying to delete one or two and then have the Azedit program crash on you.

Just remember that if you use them you may have to still edit each satellite a bit for the DiSEqC switch settings so it fits your needs. The names however are all correct, unlike what comes from the factory, and all C & KU have their own separate satellites listed.

I have had several people tell me they have used these lists and none have reported any problems later on with them.
Just remember to send them to your Azbox using the ACC program.

Thanks StarGaze, will will look for the link this week and proceed, I really appreciate your information

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)