az elite

gremlin411

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
South East Texas
My elite just stop picking up any signal. I have it looped threw my CS5K do you think the loop out on my cs5k is dead. Could there be something wrong with the elite. Has anyone had this problem with their box. My coolsat is working fine .

Not yet. But looking at the menu on a couple of sats I think it has lost some tp's.

Gremlin,

What has lost "some TP's"? The CS5K or the AZBox? If you are detecting a loss of signal from some TP's on the CS5K (it being the master receiver) then of course the AZBox won't pick those signals up (since it is slaved from the CS5K). The "slaved" receiver can only detect the signals that the "master" receiver can detect.

Without further and more detailed symptom information, I can only guess at the trouble. My first guess would be that your dish antenna might have been moved out of proper alignment.

You will want to check your mounting brackets and mast for any discrepancies. Is anything obviously loose? Did you have a strong wind/storm that could have moved it? Could your dish mount have slipped on your motor stem? There are many things that you will need to check, but the alignment of the dish and motor should be the first items to look at. Also, your starting signal reception quality should be considered (what were the quality levels before you detected the loss)? If your dish and motor were properly aligned from the beginning, you should have been receiving almost all signals with no less than 80% quality using either receiver as the master.

As Phlatwound stated, you should test both receivers by directly connecting them to your cable from the dish antenna (and not being slaved by the loop-out from the other receiver). Do this to ensure that your signal quality is acceptable coming direct from the dish antenna first. Then check your cables and any switches, then check your dish alignment. The best procedure to adopt is the "divide and conquer" strategy. Break your entire system down into the simplest parts and components and record and learn from those results.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)