Az Premium Plus problem

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
I lay down the other day watching the Azbox and passed out for a couple of hours. When I woke up the display was dark and no response from it in any shape or form.
I think the external power supply quit. The box where the cord converts to the plug for the back of the Az doesn't have the little green light on it I think it used to have.
Where can I get a power supply for it?

Thanks.

Rick's has power supplies for sale, I believe. The Premium Plus has a history of blown power supplies. I bought a spare supply , when I bought the receiver. The supplies ARE repairable, by the way.
:)

What does it take to repair them? I have changed the caps in a Pansat 9200 but have never seen anything about repairing a Azbox power supply.

I don't have any specific knowledge, although I have repaired a lot of electronics in a previous life. Once you are certain that it is broken, then take it apart and look first for a fuse, and obviously bad capacitors. I'd replace any bad capacitors with the same uF rating caps but a level higher voltage range , if it would physically fit on the board. There may be other suggestions coming in.
Good luck.
:)

Thanks for the help guys. Supposedly Azbox is sending me a guide how to do the repair. If I get it I will find someone here to help me post the manual.

Marty

They sent me the repair guide. If someone wants to help me or send me an email address I will post the file or send it to someone that knows how to.

Swamp_Rat,

Excellent guide. This guide should be placed as an independant "sticky".

Ice, can you follow up on this?

StarGaze, here is yet another item to update into the A-Z manual!

Good work Swamp_Rat!

RADAR

Digikey would be as good a spot as any, I have not had time yet to look up part numbers. Unfortunately Rat Shack doesn't have quality or selection.

Yes, DigiKey would be one of the first choices that I would look at, too. There is another, but for the life of me I cannot recall their name, I ordered some components from them for work over the years, but their name elludes me. Unfortunately, I cannot look that up until I go back to work this weekend. If I remember, I will pull up some of my past orders and bring their name back here.

I want to say National Electronics, but that is not it. It is something akin to this, however... "Something" Electronics and the "something" is not a short name or word.

RADAR

Mouser is good, too. But, that is not the company that I was thinking of. It was a long time ago that I placed an order with this company, so it is difficult to recall. I will get it (the name) this weekend if someone reminds me to do so.

RADAR

I purchased an AZBox Premium HD + back in February, and after about 30 days, the power supply died. I sent an email to the vendor whom I purchased the box from and he sent a replacement power supply straight-away. In the mean time, I did some research on the parts that were listed on the aforementioned repair PDF. It turns out that Newark Electronics has both parts, and they are on their way. I'll report on the progress of repairing the damaged power supply. I also ordered two of each part in case of a future outage.

I purchased an AZBox Premium HD + back in February, and after about 30 days, the power supply died. I sent an email to the vendor whom I purchased the box from and he sent a replacement power supply straight-away. In the mean time, I did some research on the parts that were listed on the aforementioned repair PDF. It turns out that Newark Electronics has both parts, and they are on their way. I'll report on the progress of repairing the damaged power supply. I also ordered two of each part in case of a future outage.

I ordered the parts mentioned in the PDF and changed them out today. As soon as I plugged the power supply in the fuse went. I ordered two sets as well and going to give it a go on another dead power supply later this weekend . I,m looking forward to your progress.

Iggy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts