AZBox Editor

Now I have a mess. I discovered the Channel Lists and did some editing and saved it on my PC. Then I moved it back to the AZBox and re-booted and now I see my channel lists but nothing is being received.

I did do a backup to my USB drive earlier today. And am I glad I did. But before I restore it, I would like to find out why this did not work?

Thanks

Dennis,

Personally, I don't yet feel very comfortable in using MaZ Edit to back up files, nor to edit with. The most recent version (2.3) is the best so far and seems ok, but at this time, I recommend using Filezilla or the Backup/Restore option in the AZBox menus to do this in the safest and most certain method. Check my sticky for specifics on the Back-up/Restore option.

For your case currently, since it didn't seem to work properly, doublecheck your motor, LNBF and switch settings for each satellite. They may not have been re-instated properly or fully if you didn't back-up all the files necessary.

RADAR

I got it to work, but it clobbered my LNB Power and Frequencies for all my satellites.

I will use this sparingly. But it is much better than editing with the remote.

Dennis

Dennis,

Personally, I don't yet feel very comfortable in using MaZ Edit to back up files, nor to edit with. The most recent version (2.3) is the best so far and seems ok, but at this time, I recommend using Filezilla or the Backup/Restore option in the AZBox menus to do this in the safest and most certain method. Check my sticky for specifics on the Back-up/Restore option.

For your case currently, since it didn't seem to work properly, doublecheck your motor, LNBF and switch settings for each satellite. They may not have been re-instated properly or fully if you didn't back-up all the files necessary.

RADAR

Radar,

What do you use to edit? I am still using the remote. The last time I used Maz to remove some transponders and channels, it reset everything back to factory settings. I had to add the Sats using the satellites.xml file take out all the Eastern Sats and left over western, and re-enter and rescan my new transponders. I did not have the channels backed up on USB, but I do now. I'm scared to touch it. I would like to add some transponders to some of the sats but don't want to start over again. I have downloaded Filezilla but have not played with it yet.

Dan.

Mine was slaved as well until Sunday and was fine with the remote too. I had some signal strength issues that may be a separate thread later tonight. I have a few things I want to check first. It is now hooked straight in from the motor and I may need to add Transponders from the Coolsat 6000 if I can't figure this out.

Sadoun's new receiver is looking interesting too if it will blind scan well on the S-2's. I am looking forward to your review.

Radar,

What do you use to edit? I am still using the remote. The last time I used Maz to remove some transponders and channels, it reset everything back to factory settings. I had to add the Sats using the satellites.xml file take out all the Eastern Sats and left over western, and re-enter and rescan my new transponders. I did not have the channels backed up on USB, but I do now. I'm scared to touch it. I would like to add some transponders to some of the sats but don't want to start over again. I have downloaded Filezilla but have not played with it yet.

Dan.

Vanalex,

I am currently using only the remote to edit.

I was having good luck with the MaZEdit version 2.3 at first, but something happened. Now, when I try to upload my channel list from the AZBox to my PC, the MaZEdit program closes completely. No errors are displayed, it just flat out closes the program as if I personally EXITED it.

I am not certain what occurred to make this happen, I have tried reloading the program, but no luck yet.

So, for now, I am still waiting for someone to develop a better editor.

RADAR

UPDATE:

I am relieved now, with the operation of the MaZEditor 2.3 version.

I found that although I could not "DOWNLOAD" the channel list from my AZBox to my PC, I was able to use FTP and transfer the all_channels.dat file from the folder DISK2 in the AZBOx to my PC.

After doing this and saving this file on my PC, I opened this file with MaZEditor. Then I selected a few channels and edited their names. I then tried to "UPLOAD" this edited channel list back to my AZBox and this functioned sucessfully (no errors and no crash and the program didn't close on me).

The edits that I made were recorded in the new channel list within the AZBox and all the satellites and other channels were all in tact and functioning. The motor and LNBF settings were correct as well. So far, with this simple test, everything worked.

I then closed the MaZEditor program and reopened it and attempted to "DOWNLOAD" the channel list as before. It now works once again as it did originally. I do not know why it quit working for a while there, there was no reason that I could identify. But, it is now working again.

I noted that during this process that the AZBox reboots after the channel list is sent to it (after you are given a prompt). As the box is rebooting, the MaZEditor program loses connection with the AZBox server and when the box is fully rebooted and back on line, the connection is not automatically reinstated. I had to hit the CONNECT button again to actually reconnect.

On another note, I disagree with the developer of the MaZEdit program in regards to the terminology of the "upload" and "download" processes. I perception is that you "download" from the device with the higher function and "upload" from the device with the lesser function. So, MaZEdit has these functions labeled in reverse to what I am accustomed to. It's just a technicality, so no big concern.

The main point is that I think that MaZEdit (version 2.3) may actually be a viable editing program. That is providing that some glitches can be worked out.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts