AZBox Elite and Ethernet Problem

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Went to save my channel data today as I had scanned in some sats on my Ultra that I wanted to transfer to my Elite only to find that I couldn't FTP to the Elite? Went and checked in Settings>Internet and there was no IP address assigned to it when it's suppose to be a static IP there? Went back to the Settings menu and there is no MAC address listed?? WTF??

Soooo, it has been along time since I upgraded the firmware (5020) so I tried to upgrade to 5308 only to have it not recognize my saved channel list from the 5020 firmware? There still wasn't any MAC address listed and I couldn't configure it in Inernet either.

So I went back and reformatted the application area, reloaded 5020 and it accepted my saved channel data but again, there is not a MAC address listed nor can I setup anything associated with my network or the internet??

Yes I checked the ethernet cable by connecting it to a computer sitting here on the bench and there's nothing wrong with either my network or that cable.

So does anyone have a fix for this or is it a hardware problem that can't be repaired?:mad:

OH, and my new 24" HD TV that I just got out of the repair shop last Friday is horked up yet again!! NEITHER of the HDMI ports are working now?? I think I got a lemon!:mad:

Doesn't sound good. My Elite did the same thing ( so I sold it to Iceberg, who doesn't use the networking) . I tried several different wireless usb solutions , but never could figure out how to get the drivers into the Elite. Was there a storm in your area recently ? Lightning damage is a possibility with a nearby strike.
:(

Sometimes, doing a Factory default by going to the "Data Reset" menu and then selecting "Factory setting" will resolve this issue. Unless you changed it, the password is 0000. Please note that this will erase all of your channels and satellite settings so make sure you have a backup before doing this.

Regards,

pwrsurge
AzBox Canada

Sometimes, doing a Factory default by going to the "Data Reset" menu and then selecting "Factory setting" will resolve this issue. Unless you changed it, the password is 0000. Please note that this will erase all of your channels and satellite settings so make sure you have a backup before doing this.

Regards,

pwrsurge
AzBox Canada

Thanks but already tried that one too. Just looks like I'm SOL and will be stuck with an AZBox that I can't FTP to anymore and an HD TV that can only be used with RF input from that box. I will send that TV back for repairs again though as I've only had it back for a week? Looks like there was more wrong with it than they thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts