AZBOX azbox elite and ultra not resolving hostnames

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
DNS is working on other PC's using the same router so I'm wondering what I'm missing here. DHCP for the Azboxes are working and the speed test is working. But, time doesn't update and running nslookup from the Azbox CLI returns:

AZBox[~]$ nslookup google.com
Server: ea6900
Address: 192.168.27.1

nslookup: google.com: Unknown host
AZBox[~]$ nslookup google.com 8.8.8.8
*** Unknown host

nslookup: google.com: Unknown host
AZBox[~]$ ping -c 1 ea6900
PING ea6900 (192.168.27.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.27.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=4.0 ms

--- ea6900 ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 1 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 4.0/4.0/4.0 ms
AZBox[~]$ ping -c 1 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=0 ttl=56 time=24.5 ms

--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 1 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 24.5/24.5/24.5 ms

Obviously, it's a DNS issue

Know nothing about Azbox but just curious, what does cat /etc/resolv.conf return?

AZBox[~]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 192.168.27.1

192.168.27.1 is the router with the DNS resolvers. I tried manually entering the actual IP's of the DNS servers into the Azbox and it still didn't resolve names. As a matter of fact, nslookup allows you to specify a DNS address and that didn't resolve names either. I have a smartTV and a BluRay player attached to the router (wireless bridge) and they resolve just fine. Tried swapping ports and that was no help. Rebooting hardware didn't help either. Everything on my network works except the Azbox units.

I'm using 2 routers as wireless bridge devices that wirelessly connect to a primary router. All 3 routers are running dd-wrt firmware.

It looks like you have been very thorough in troubleshooting. A sniffer to watch the output of the ethernet interface for a DNS query packet would be the only other thing I would do but you my not have the right span-able switch to do that .Something corrupt in the OS would be my guess.
Maybe an Azbox guru here will know how to fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)