AZBox HD Premium problem in first start

TheMightyFederer

Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
K.S.A.
i had a problem with my AZBox HD Premium which was that when i try to do anything in setup section a the receiver asks me about the password which i don't have
some told me that the password is "0000" but it didn't work with me and some suggested to upgrade the firmware and i have upgraded the firmware to 0.9.4931 successfully

but when i went to the setup screen and tried to do anything
the receiver asked me about the password again and when i typed "0000" nothing changed at all

guys,
i'd ask u something else beside my problem
i wonna u tell me how to do anything in the setup section step-by-step and i wonna u c if my way is correct or not

i press the blue button (home) then i go to number 9 which is (sitting) and press (OK) button. -then "please wait..." appears to me for about five minutes then unfortunately an error message comes out to me says (Fail to receive data err=-1)-
after that i press (OK) button then press the (Right) button and press (OK) button *in this moment a message comes and asks me about the password* of course i type 0000 then "OK" button
then it brings me back to the left bar with no changes

(i wrote all of this just to make sure that i'm doing the right thing and to show u what i'm doing to find out a solution)

so, is there a solution for the password (to remove it, change it, or to know it)???
and what's that error??? and what's the solution???

for information that the internet cable was plugged in ane the satellite cable too
i'm waiting for ur respond

hi guys. welcome to sat guys :)

i looked at my manual and it sounds like you have the menu lock feature enabled. copied below is what the manual says about the menu lock :

"3.9.2 Menu lock feature
You can also restrict uses of some menus. When you select Enable, you
have to enter the personal identification number when accessing any
menu screens where values can be changed. This can prevent users
from accidentally changing the settings. To release a shut item, set it to
Disable. The default setting is Disable."

the menu lock is in the settings menu under parental lock. i don't know how to figure out what the PIN is. if nobody on this forum knows try the AZBox forum.

TheMightyFederer and Dino.tee,

The default password or PIN is "0000", so even if you have the setting for MENU LOCK set to ENABLE rather than DISABLE, this password or PIN should have worked to get past each point, although you would have to re-enter this PIN everytime you went back to access another setup menu. Since it doesn't accept this PW, it isn't behaving as it normally should.

I hate to recommend doing so, but if you cannot make the change that Beavs has stated in his post and all else fails, look at my procedure tutorial for loading new firmware into your AZBox above (stickies at the top of the page) and in there you will find instructions regarding "FORMAT APPLICATION AREA". You might need to do this to restore your AZBox to factory settings all around, but keep in mind that this will mean starting completely over from scratch regarding all else you have done up to this point (unless you were savvy enough to already have created and saved back up files on your PC).

Once you have formatted the application area, there is an option in the SETTINGS menu to perform a FACTORY RESET and you may need to engage that option as well. Try it without first and see what happens, if it is still messed up, then perform the FACTORY RESET.

You will want to use your USB FLASH DRIVE with whichever firmware you desire loaded onto it and inserted into the USB port of the AZBox. The file will require you to rename it as either "Patch" or "Patch.bin" Personally, I would recommend that you copy the firmware file that you are going to use from your PC onto the FLASH DRIVE and rename it "Patch" and then copy the same file over again onto the FLASH DRIVE and rename the second copy as "Patch.bin". Your reciever will ignore one and take the other, it will take whichever one is appropriately labeled.

If you must do this "FORMAT APPLICATION AREA", remember that you will have to reset your resolution settings when you restart / reboot the AZBox afterwards. You may likely have no video displayed as it will default to PAL video and basically its' default European standards (opposed to North American settings).

If this be the case, remember to let it reboot fully once, then reboot again by holding the STB POWER button on the remote down for more than four seconds. When the receiver is in process of rebooting the second time (after you see the CHECKING... displayed), keep pressing the RESOLUTION button on the remote until you see the resolution options begin to be displayed on the VFD display (front panel of the AZBox). Then step though the options:

COMPONENT/COMPOSITE/SCART/HDMI - PAL/NTSC - 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p

Press OK when you see the appropriate option or setting displayed on the front panel of the AZBox.

Don't perform this "FORMAT APPLICATION AREA" unless you have exhausted all other avenues first. This is your last resort to restore everything to defaults and it really means starting over from pure scratch.

The reason I am referring you two to this procedure is because my gut instincts tell me that you didn't go into the menus and set up this MENU LOCK option and you also didn't go into the menus and alter your password or PIN on purpose, so it appears that something is corrupt in your firmware and that is creating this issue for you. This means that you will probably need to clean the slate and restart from scratch to avoid further headaches.

I also recommend that you delete the last firmware file that you loaded into the AZBox from your PC's memory and re-download it as a fresh file, in case the last file you utilized was corrupt. There is no way to tell where the problem arose from, so erase all past history and truly start over from scratch to avoid repeating the same problem over again.

I wish you two the very best of luck in resolving your conflicts!

RADAR

Hi all.

I've just been hit with this problem too! I'm locked out of all controls, can't do YouTube because IP address won't fill in,
Menu doesn't even show the DVB-S tuner, Default password doesn't work anywhere.

Has anyone come up with a solution besides doing a factory reset!

I dread all the trouble of re-entering everything from scratch!

Help?

Well I don't know how, but the box has snapped out of it's coma!
By the way, it's a Premium-HD.

The last thing I did with it was to try to do a factory reset, but was stopped at the password entry. I was convinced that my only recourse was a reset via USB, as AcWxRadar had said.

By the time I returned with the loaded USB stick, it had come out of it!

I wish I could explain it, I am now that much less of a skeptic towards miracles!

The worst casualty that I've seen so far was the GBox. When the glitch hit, the dish moved all the way to the west and the count numbers went loony. It was just a matter of finding my south sat, zero out the box and re-find the rest of my favorite birds.
Also, one of the three "CW" channels on 91w (pids were input manually) no longer shows up in the channel list, but the pid entries are still there.

Heck, I wonder if it's the GBox that caused the mess? It had lost it's counts once before, but the AZ was fine.

The AZ often acts weird too, if not put to "sleep" for extended periods, as was the case today (it was left on overnight). A reboot is all it takes to refresh it. But this time it rebooted itself, and came back real scary!

Now that it's working again, I think I'd better make some new "back-up" files!

Thanks for listening.

The AZBox has Diseqc 1.2 "issues"
Very important to set the Actuator's physical limit switches.

The AZBox also has "issues" with channel lists too, have it backed-up is a necessity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts