Azbox ME - any news?

This is why that we at AzBox Canada are currently working with Opensat in getting the Android operating system functional with the AzBox ME. The advantage of having Android is that we can easily leverage existing Android applications in order to provide enhanced multimedia functionality to the unit. Already, we have the Android web browser running smoothly on the ME which runs a LOT better than the existing web browser found in the current AzBox models.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

With all due respect, I think you guys are completely missing the boat here and are headed entirely in the wrong direction. I have the original AZBOX elite and for the most part I love it and always have. The reason I love is it does what I want and need it to do, which is allow me to watch feeds including those that are dvb-s2 and 4:2:2 Mpeg2. The later is important because no other FTA receiver can accomplish it and it's why most feed hunters in north america were interested in these receivers. What I don't care about and have no interest in doing is surfing the web, sending and receiving email, word processing, playing tetris or any other game, etc. If i want to do any of those things, I have plenty of other devices that are much better suited for the tasks. In my opinion to focus on trying to make a FTA satellite receiver do things like that is like putting lipstick on a pig. It's not because the box may or may not be capable of those things. It's simply that it's not what I want it do.

The way I see it the biggest fault of the prior AZbox recevers, and their only real flaw, was their issues with recording and playback on very high bitrate feeds like we often see in north america. If you had simply addressed this issues and left everything else as is in prior models this would have been the perfect receiver for the north america FTA market. The only other things that one might want would be support for 4:2:2 H.264 and Dolby E. However, realistically speaking I realize those 2 things are likely to never happen and therefore would be willing to live without.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)