AzBox MiniMe American Edition & 22kHz Switch

criminalcola

Original poster
Aug 12, 2013
NE MO
Hi all,

I am having an issue getting an universal LNBF to work properly with the AzBox MiniMe American Edition.

In the tuner setup menu, I set the settings for the satellite I am trying to tune - Galaxy 17 91.0 W Ku-band - to Universal LNB (9750/10600) frequency.

The issue I am having involves the 22 kHz setting. I have a satellite meter that turns the 22kHz tone on when I was out at the dish site tuning in a channel on the satellite, so the dish is pointed correctly. Inside with the AzBox, I have tried tuning in the channel (automatic satellite scan) both with the 22kHz tone setting enabled and disabled. I have not had any luck using the automatic satellite scan doing this.

The odd thing is that I can tune the channel if I do manual transponder scan and input the frequency/SR/polarity info there, I am able to pick up and scan in two channels that way on the AzBox. However, when I try to view the channels, the quality is 0 and they do not tune it. HOWEVER - I have discovered that by connecting the satellite meter to the AzBox's loop out and having the satellite meter send the 22 kHz tone to the LNBF, I am able to receive the channel on both the AzBox and the satellite meter.

Altogether, I think I have figured out that the AzBox does not (always) seem to output the 22 kHz tone. However, it will discover the channel during the manual scan. I just cannot view the channel unless I have another piece of equipment sending the 22k tone.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can fix this issue? I do have a standard 10750 LNBF which works fine with the AzBox. Unfortunately, I am only borrowing it and must return it soon. I would like to get my Universal LNBF working correctly but don't seem to be having any luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you.

Do you have any switches in line with your coax, going out to the dish? Specifically, do you have a 22k switch? You can't use a 22k switch AND a universal lnb at the same time.

Well, there's ways, but generally you can't do it. Explain what receiver, wiring, lnb, and your whole setup and maybe we can give a better diagnosis.

Are you using a dual or single output universal LNBF? If dual, try turning off the other receiver to see if you still have issues.

Are any switches used with your system? If so, which ones and how are they connected?

Is your coax grounded using a grounding block? If not, please ground your coax as an ungrounded coax can cause signal loss issues.

Best regards,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)