AzBox premium hd-Noobie

satus751

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
texas
hello all

As i dread posting to forums as you will always get someone to belittle or scould you for not finding the right answers. I did attempt to do a search for my problem but could not pinpoint what i am looking for. I have owned FTA receivers and have played around with c-band and ku dishes. Now for the problem i have just acquired a used AZBOX Premium HD with firmware 0.9.2880. I have setup up the wifi connection to the box, i dont want to erase the channel list that is on the box now. but cant seem to tell what channel is for what satellite. Unfortunately i had just disassemble a WSI 6ft dish (will be installing a 8ft dish) but i do have a 10ft stationary at 105 so i want to test the azbox on the few fta channels that are listed on lyngsat. Now tuner a dvb-s, antenna setup,sat name 105w c-band 5150(lnb freq) I am using a dual lnbf. what do i use for diseqc,22khz tone,0/12v switch, lnb power? i get strength 99% 0 quality tp frequency is at 3780mhz H. i know the coaxial is receiving signal from dish as i unhooked my dsr922 to plug it into the azbox.

Don't erase anything!!!!!! Do not add/subtract any satellites to the Azbox satellite list!!!!

For me the dumbest question is the one not asked. There are some folks that will think some questions are beneath them or have been asked too much and expect new people to wallow through 82,453 posts to find your answer...I say screw them..and welcome to satelliteguys.

I own an eliteHD which is the cheaper version of yours. I don't trust my box to move any kind of motor/actuator. I slave mine through a Coolsat 6100. Get a vbox or gbox to move your big dish when you get to that in the future.

I don't own a cband so I'm sure another helpful/cheerful member will be along shortly.

This might be correct

C band. Set the lnb for 5150 and 22khz "off" LNB power on

If you had a c/Ku LNB you would use separate satellite listings for both c and Ku. ( w/Azbox this could get tricky...as per dont add satellites advice)

For Ku band set the lnb for 10750 and the 22khz "on" LNB power on

Last edited:
I'm assuming the Premium works the same as my Ultra for the following.To go to channels on a particular sat,press OK(channel list),then EXIT,highlight Satelite,scroll to the sat you want,press OK and the list of channels for that sat will load.

Thanks guys will try that when I get home from work. I work 16hrs shift and don't have much time to play but do need to test this receiver. Since this receiver was in use before (has 849 channels scanned in) I should be able to pick up something on satellite 105 c band only.

I also have the Azbox Premium Plus. I have an LNBF aimed at 105W for the 4DTV receiver. There are a few FTA channels on this satellite. I think the best to try for is 3940 H 30000 (Transponder Frequency - Polarity - Symbol Rate). In your menu, go to 'Settings', then TV Channels, then Advanced Scan and see if you can find the transponder 3940. If not, add it with the information above. You can also add the FEC = 5/6 and the signal modulation is MPEG-4. This transponder has Telemundo and NBC channels on it. There are other FTA transponders on 105W, but I think this is the most likely to get. Good Luck
Also, if you need more information, look for the FTA channels on 'tracksat.com/satellite231-FTA.html'

Last edited:
Ok tried thr bottom instructions and found 105 cband with NBC channels scanned in already. But I am not getting signal. Thinking I have something set wrong. Ok I have a dual output lnbf hooked up to 2 different rooms. One cable run is going directly into the azbox premium hd the other cable run is going directly into a dsr 922. Sat dish is parked at 105. Any suggestions., hopeful I will have my new acquired 8ft dish up and running next week.'m assuming the Premium works the same as my Ultra for the following.To go to channels on a particular sat,press OK(channel list),then EXIT,highlight Satelite,scroll to the sat you want,press OK and the list of channels for that sat will load

HMMMM... I've never used the menu for channels on a particular satellite. I always just use the complete list or a favorites list that I maintain in MAZ (Editor).
Try this- Press HOME, go left arrow to SETTINGS, go up arrow or down arrow to TV CHANNELS, hit enter, Select your tuner, enter (I think), then you should get a list starting with ANTENNA SETUP at the top of the list. If you are not there, then I have not given good instructions... Try to find the list starting with ANTENNA SETUP. Enter and check your Antenna Setup parameters. If all are correct, hit CLOSE to get back to the list. Go down the list to Advanced Scan. You could also use TP Scan, but I like the Advanced Scan. Here you can see the Quality on each transponder. You can change parameters (Polarity, Symbol Rate, etc... ) to see if Quality comes.
If you are getting good reception on the DSR922 for the Subscribed channels, then you should also see the NBC channels on the Azbox, unless you have an incorrect setting in the Azbox.
Good Luck, don't give up...
Also, since this unit was used before, the settings in it may not match your system, so check carefully the ANTENNA SETUP, and then you should probably do a scan in the ADVANCED SCAN or TP SCAN for the transponder with the NBC channels. Of course, you could just blind scan the satellite, but with my unit, it takes quite a while to do that - it makes a long coffee break :)

Last edited:
Ok have tried MIGOLD and WAYLEW suggestions but have nat had any luck guess I will have to wait till I install the 8ft dish with standard lnb. Bummer really wanted to see those NBC feeds :(

satus751,

I believe that where MiGold was trying to guide you to was this:

Starting from any main mode (most likely the TV MODE), you press the HOME button. That brings up the MODE selections on the lower part of the screen. Use the ? or ? buttons on the remote to scroll through the MODES available until you find SETTINGS. When SETTINGS is highlighted, press OK. This opens the SETUP menu.

Now use the ? or ? remote buttons to scroll to the selection on the left side of the screen titled TV CHANNEL to highlight it and press the ? remote button. That will slide you over to the TUNER A DVB-S submenu, then press OK. It should take you directly to ANTENNA SETUP. Press OK.

Now you should be in the setup menu for all the satellites. The last satellite that the box was tuned to should be highlighted. If you click on OK, it will open the LIST of all satellites contained in your AZBox's list. Use the ? or ? buttons to scroll up and down the list until you locate the satellite you are desiring to play with. When it is highlighted, press OK.

It will go to that satellite and then display that sat's setup parameters.

Here is where we need to determine what parameters you need to utilize for the the following selections:

SATELLITE NAME: Simply the satellite that you want to aim at from your list. NOTE: See comment below.
LNB FREQUENCY: This is your L.O. or Local Oscillator frequency (it has to match the frequency of the oscillator within the LNB that you are using or have attached outside on the dish)
DiSEqC: This is where you set up any particular DiSEqC switch choices you might be using to direct your signal path to individual LNBFs.
22 KHz TONE (ON or OFF) Mainly used for Universal LNBFs or other equipment.
0/12V SWITCH (ON or OFF) Used for specific external equipment.
LNB POWER (this obviously needs to be set to ON)
TP FREQUENCY: This is just going to be whichever TP on the selected satellite that you are currently testing. NOTE: See comment below.
POSITIONER SETUP: OFF (none or fixed point), USALS or DiSEqC 1.2
NETWORK SEARCH: Normal or NIT. Leave set to NORMAL. NIT isn't very helpful, but it is a nice idea. NIT = Network Information Table. You can research that on your own.

All the above parameters must be set by you to match your specific peripheral / external equipment. You will have to identify exactly what you have to use in order to determine what these settings should all be and you can probably extract a lot of that information from the menus of your DSR922 receiver and manually transfer those settings over to the AZBox (except for the SATELLITE NAME and TP FREQUENCY data). Those are just a matter of what you are aiming at or have scanned in.

COMMENT BELOW: Obviously, for the sat and transponder information in your list, they have to either already be present in your list, or you have to manually add/enter them or you have to scan for them (i.e. BLIND SCAN). Satellite listings must be manually entered or already be there from the factory list. TPs can be there from the factory list, too. But are often added manually or blind scanned in.

You were probably already aware of many items I stated here, so my apologies if it sounds like I am overexplaining anything. It is just a lot more expedient if I just list all the basics up front instead of probing you for information through several posts and replies, etc. You will identify what is applicable to your situation. The rest you either know already or don't need, but someone else might need the information. It's always good to cover as much as possible, just in case.

RADAR

Radar - Great explanation!
satus751 - One thing that I have noticed is that on my DSR922, the polarity is reversed compared to the published polarity and to the settings for Azbox. That is, when 'Reversed Polarity' is selected in the DSR922 menu, then you will match the polarities that show in the Azbox. This information is just in case you are trying to compare the two, otherwise it is not of much use.

Migold,that is a good point.If the lnbf was installed to make the 922 work without the "rotated 90",then it is installed incorrectly.The lnbf will be 90 degrees off,so any polarity settings already in the AZ wont work.

For Satus751,check in the options,sat setup,of the 922 and see if the polarity is set for "rotated 90".If it's not you need to twist the lnbf 90 degrees to be installed correctly.

hello all

First let me thank everyone trying to help me get this azbox up and running (side note) the original owner of the box noticed my post here at satguys funny. Well at least i know he also trying to get me running. i just checked the setting on my dsr922 and yup the lnb was on standard not 90 degrees rotated so i changed the settings and will attempt to rotate the lnb later today(it is 3am right now) so i will get back with you all. Again thanks.

Well guys sorry i havent posted work got me going crazy.......tried the rotating of lnb, kind of tricky as this dish is on the roof and can barely reach the lnb. so i rewired the motor to this dish and so far thats were i am at. ok sorry got off track so i rotated the lnb but no signal on the azbox. As for the dish i was going to install on the ground i ran into some problems.........i had a 6ft WSI solid dish installed on a steel pipe(size of a terminal post for fencing) and bushing to make it work. so the 8ft dish pipe is bigger and the mount(head of the dish)is stuck on the pipe. what i was going to do was drill 4 holes on the bigger pipe and weld some 5/8 nuts with bolts to secure it to the smaller steel pipe but the welders around here are asking to much so back to square one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)