AZBOX AZBox Titan

And no mention of whether it has 4:2:2 or blind scan...

422 again in the topic of a upcoming new receiver. And of course someone says that is not really needed or requested..:eek:

422 is always in everyones wish list

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The Titan STB announcement was made last year before the company sold. I heard that the STB project was cancelled.

Is the Titan still in development or revived?

And no mention of whether it has 4:2:2 or blind scan...

Yes, the AzBox Titan will support hardware blindscan.

It won't support 4.2.2 natively as the AzBox Titan's processor is ARM based as opposed to Sigma based.
However, as it uses a fairly powerful 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor, it might be possible to decode 4.2.2 via software, similar to using a PC with a DVB card and the proper codecs installed. Adding 4.2.2 support to the AzBox Titan will certainly be one of our main priorities here at AzBox Canada :cool:

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Yes, the AzBox Titan will support hardware blindscan.

It won't support 4.2.2 natively as the AzBox Titan's processor is ARM based as opposed to Sigma based.
However, as it uses a fairly powerful 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor, it might be possible to decode 4.2.2 via software, similar to using a PC with a DVB card and the proper codecs installed. Adding 4.2.2 support to the AzBox Titan will certainly be one of our main priorities here at AzBox Canada :cool:

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Nice .. Looking forward to it capabilities

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Titan has shown up on ebay and amazon -- in fact, it's pretty cheap on Amazon. Does anyone know if it's for real?

I posted this in another thread last week. It is a clone chinese box. AZBox hasn't produced anything. It's sold by azgolf, which was stripped of authentic distributorship of azbox years ago. They sell all the pirate units for South America.

Wouldn't touch it, personally although it sounds great!

The AzBox Titan that's currently being sold on ebay and Amazon is the South American version and has been designed to steal subscription satellite TV from providers operating in that continent so it is relatively useless for actual FTA use in other parts of the world. The eBay and Amazon merchants selling this model are Brazilian expats selling to other expats living in America and Europe who travel to Brazil on a regular basis. As the Brazilian version of Amazon only sells books and the Brazilian version of ebay does not allow the sale of any receivers that can be used to enable theft of television services, Brazilian people who want to purchase AzBox products online have to get their expat relatives to purchase them outside the country and get them to ship or bring it in the plane on their next visit.

At this time, the real "world" version of the AzBox Titan still has not been released yet. The quality of the current South American version of the AzBox Titan is similar to other models created specifically for satellite piracy in that market such as Bravoo, Bravissimo and Thunder. Because of this, we at AzBox Canada and AzBox US will NOT be supporting this version.

We have a sample unit of the dual tuner model over here and after testing, we can confirm that it does NOT support 4:2:2. A black screen is displayed when tuning one of those channels but the audio still works fine. Also, the factory firmware only comes with satellites that are used in the South American FTA piracy market.

Blindscan works ok and is similar in performance to the Quick blindscan mode on the miniMe American Edition but the user can't specify any parameters such as frequency range or polarity which makes it unsuitable for feedhunters.

Last edited:
I never realized until reading this thread and then searching on YouTube that there actually are FTA satellite receivers that run Android (more than one - search for FTA DVS Android or something similar on YouTube) but the thing that I immediately noticed is that none of them seem to be sold by dealers that I've heard of before, and all the videos are in some language other than English (if they have sound at all). One gets the feeling that they are definitely building the things for the South American market. I wonder if we will be seeing any legit boxes that run Android here in North America, and (the main question) will they have any advantages with regard to receiving FTA signals that the current receivers don't have? It's nice that you can load Android apps and all, but there are plenty of standalone (non-receiver) boxes you can buy that will do that.

I wonder if we will be seeing any legit boxes that run Android here in North America .....
ebay.com - search dvb-s2 android

will they have any advantages with regard to receiving FTA signals that the current receivers don't have? It's nice that you can load Android apps and all, but there are plenty of standalone (non-receiver) boxes you can buy that will do that.
I have a stand alone Android "TV" Box (non DVB), it's fun to play with ... games, YouTube, make a "dumb" TV "smart". Where it lacks is in streaming - it can't handle an HD feed, even on Gigabit Network.

I have a stand alone Android "TV" Box (non DVB), it's fun to play with ... games, YouTube, make a "dumb" TV "smart". Where it lacks is in streaming - it can't handle an HD feed, even on Gigabit Network.

I have heard that also - they will do 720p but fall down on 1080p. Although, seems like lately I've heard of some newer options that are supposedly more powerful (just came across this one last night). So maybe the newest boxes will overcome that limitation?

ebay.com - search dvb-s2 android

Those Android 4.2 Smart TV Boxes certainly look interesting, although I might be a bit concerned about whether they are powerful enough to do a proper job on 1080p signals, and if they are, then do they have enough ventilation so that the unit doesn't overheat? Right now they all seem to come with power supplies with EU plugs and are all sent from China. Also, the descriptions say nothing about which satellite formats are supported (in fact other than the DVB-S2 in the description you'd be hard-pressed to tell it's a satellite receiver). What caught my eye, though, was this:

Support DVB-S2, Live Streaming, sending sounds and images from remote locations world-wide back to home television stations.

Would be interested to know if these are actually any good, or just cheap imported junk. I'd hope for the former, but if I had to bet...

All this Azbox stuff is confusing. How can Azbox release the Titan when the company itself went out of business?

1. Somebody bought the brand name.
2. Somebody is releasing counterfeit units using an established brand, knowing they probably have a window in which nobody's going to challenge them.
3. :confused: Some other possibility. :confused:

All this Azbox stuff is confusing. How can Azbox release the Titan when the company itself went out of business?

Because all this "out of business" crap is simply FUD spread around by Rick Caylor on his forum because he's no longer an AzBox distributor. The company that now owns AzBox is still in business.

Last edited:
Because all this "out of business" crap is simply FUD spread around by Rick Caylor on his forum because he's no longer an AzBox distributor. The company that now owns AzBox is still in business.
I don't know about that, according to Hugo the (I guess now former) CEO of AZbox he says the company is no more.

I would think the CEO of the company would know..

I don't know about that, according to Hugo the (I guess now former) CEO of AZbox he says the company is no more.

I would think the CEO of the company would know..

Yes, Hugo was the CEO of OpenSat which used to own AzBox but the company has sold the brand to HTCE Limited. This new company that now owns the AzBox brand is still in business as of this day but Hugo is not actively involved with AzBox anymore.

Last edited:
Don't beat around the Bush!

Either Azgolf is one of your dealers, since you are the NA distributor;

HTCE is selling to Azgolf;

Azgolf is selling clones, like I said.

Catamount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts