Azbox Ultra hardware blind scan test

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No that doesn't happen. That's why it's important to periodically clean up your tp lists of unneccesary tp's . Eventually the stb memory will just fill up with useless tp definitions.
:)
Is there any easier way to do that than to take all the time to go in and figure out which ones are useless and delete them one by one? That's where I'm at now with my az box.
Lots of old useless tp's.

It has taken several days just to get all the good info out and write it all down. I have over 300 FTA channels that are all working at this point in time and I haven't even started on scanning the ku side.

No that doesn't happen. That's why it's important to periodically clean up your tp lists of unneccesary tp's . Eventually the stb memory will just fill up with useless tp definitions.

I just went back to the factory default to clean up some things and now just starting over from one end of the arc to the other
along the way I'm deleting all the TP's that are pre-programmed in the receiver. It looked like some kid just dumped a list of very old outdated TP's in the receiver making the blind scan so slow. Now it is going much faster.

Wow, blindscan takes over half an hour with 1MHz steps in freq.
That's always the way it happens. The more stringent your scan parameters, the longer it takes. That's why so many receivers default to 5 or 6 Mhz steps . What you'll find, I think is that the small steps are only necessary for very low SR signals, that the higher SR signals can easily be located with a step rate of 10Mhz, giving a faster scan. It all depends upon what you're looking for. My usual blindscan ( if I have the choice ) is for signals over SR=7000 , figuring that'll give me the high quality channels that I might be interested in watching.

I was wondering what would be an adequate step would be. I tried the default 5 MHz step and it was a bit slow also but it seemed to have found all of the transponders I would be interested in. I sped things up a bit by changing the default low freq from 3 GHz to 3.5 GHz on C band scans.

Upgraded to 09.5020 version, I know that when it reboots I have to change from PAL back to NTSC, I have used the below procedure but it is not working. I can see the AZBOX logo flash across the screen but the procedure does not work. I am using a composite video cable bit no luck. Any suggestions?

For the Azbox Ultra

After a reboot the receiver defaults to pal format
To changed the setting in the Menu from PAL, back to NTSC

You need to do the following steps.

1) Reboot the receiver by the switch on the back of the unit.

After it powers up and you see the menu rolling, follow these steps:

2) Down Arrow 6 Times

3) Hit the OK button

4) Right Arrow 1 Time

5) Down Arrow 1 Time

6) Right Arrow 1 Time

You will now have changed the setting in the Menu from PAL, back to NTSC.

7) The receiver will ask you if you want to save your change and say YES.

Credit goes to Rick for this

the other easy way to get your video output set back to NTSC is to connect a composite (yellow RCA) cable which will output normal even if display is set to PAL

is it still true that the premium+ (plus) and the ultra, cannot blinscan a tp if its S2 and FEC is over 3/4?

that sucks if so

are you on the latest f/w?
azbox-0.9.5306-patch.bin

is it still true that the premium+ (plus) and the ultra, cannot blinscan a tp if its S2 and FEC is over 3/4?

that sucks if so

are you on the latest f/w?
azbox-0.9.5306-patch.bin

never had a problem with the azbox doing a blind scan on any of the S2/8PSK signals. Don't know where you got your info from but it's not the case.
Do you have an AzBox?

thanks for confirming, i only mentioned it because it is mentioned and subsequently verified in posts 30 and 31 of this very thread.
are there any differences between the premium+ and the ultra in terms of blind scanning, and 4.2.2 ?

thanks for confirming, i only mentioned it because it is mentioned and subsequently verified in posts 30 and 31 of this very thread.
are there any differences between the premium+ and the ultra in terms of blind scanning, and 4.2.2 ?

Not in this department there is no difference.
However, if you have waited this long to get one I'd wait till August when the new AzBox Me's arrive on the scene and pick up one of those.
There is a thread around here detailing the differences on the new ME's and the current Premium Plus receivers.

thanks so much guys for your help!

im from UK, i wonder if the Azbox Ultras come preloaded with US sats (atlantic) and not the European?? i can get an Azbox Ultra from Spain from for £180

i will wait for the ME's

thanks!!!

thanks so much guys for your help!

im from UK, i wonder if the Azbox Ultras come preloaded with US sats (atlantic) and not the European?? i can get an Azbox Ultra from Spain from for £180

i will wait for the ME's

thanks!!!

I believe all the azbox's come loaded with all the satellites in them.
There is also a slight problem with that also.
First they have outdated info on them.
Second, they even list transponders which use a totally different digital format which the Azbox can not pick up. ( I still say this slows down the receivers, but that is debatable.)
Third, one of the Eastern satellites was put in the receiver without any TP info which has caused many hassles for people who end up with a corrupt satellite/channel list.

Now that the bad part is out of the way.....
Here is the good news.
In the sticky section here is a User Guide and a Question & Answer guide.
There is a wealth of info there which has come from many AzBox users.
This will give you answers to most of your questions but just remember that it was primarily made up with directions for use in North America, but no problem, just reverse some things to make it work for you in the UK.
Instead of North Americanizing your receiver you can make it European only to fit your viewing needs.
Starting from scratch at the get go is one of the best options that I recommend so you will have less problems down the line.

Remember that it is not a perfect receiver but it is one of the best out there for the feeds that are available and placing a hard drive inside it makes it one heck of a DVR device.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)