AZBOX Azbox Wifi from MAC Time Machine Router Problem

Achebee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Honduras
I have a Time machine (MAC) as my main Wifi router throughout my home. I have not been able to get the AZbox Premium Plus to connect. I have setup all the parameters correctly as far as I know..The Azbox recognizes my Router when I go to into wifi. I have the latest manual and have read through it and can not find any particular networking answers for the Time Machine. I also have the Questions manual updated, and have not been able to find any info..
I setup the wifi with the ip's and all the details as per the latest Manual using static ip and the Gateway as my
Router's base address.. I am using the same ip address as the router has when I go into network preferences on the router..
I have the DNS 1 the same as what the router is using as well.
The way I understand it, is that the Router is supposed to assign me automatically an ip...but perhaps I am wrong.. I tried to assign my own as per the manual as 192.168.1.102 and that does not work either.
So I have wifi, The Az knows it is there and recognizes it, but it will not connect..
Does anyone here have experience with the Mac Time Machine and AZBOX internet setup?? I would appreciate any help I can get, and I have read through and searched these forums as best as I can before asking.. Thanks for your help, HB

I have a Time machine (MAC) as my main Wifi router throughout my home. I have not been able to get the AZbox Premium Plus to connect. I have setup all the parameters correctly as far as I know..The Azbox recognizes my Router when I go to into wifi. I have the latest manual and have read through it and can not find any particular networking answers for the Time Machine. I also have the Questions manual updated, and have not been able to find any info..
I setup the wifi with the ip's and all the details as per the latest Manual using static ip and the Gateway as my
Router's base address.. I am using the same ip address as the router has when I go into network preferences on the router..
I have the DNS 1 the same as what the router is using as well.
The way I understand it, is that the Router is supposed to assign me automatically an ip...but perhaps I am wrong.. I tried to assign my own as per the manual as 192.168.1.102 and that does not work either.
So I have wifi, The Az knows it is there and recognizes it, but it will not connect..
Does anyone here have experience with the Mac Time Machine and AZBOX internet setup?? I would appreciate any help I can get, and I have read through and searched these forums as best as I can before asking.. Thanks for your help, HB

What kind of wireless encryption are you using on your wifi router? The symptoms you describe appear to be related to a failure of your AzBox to authenticate to your wireless router. Perhaps the dealer you purchased your unit from would be able to help you out.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Thanks for the quick reply..
I am not using any locks or passwords on my router as I live far away from other people and I only use it locally here in my zone, and we have lots of family with numerous devices always connecting without problem..The Time Capsule has specific options for accessing the network via passwords etc. but I leave mine open... that I am not sure has anything to do with encryption... My network works daily using various MAC computers/laptops/PC's/Iphones/blackberries/ on and on..But The AZBOX will not connect using DCHP as all other devices will, in turn getting their ip automatically assigned to them...So I have been trying the Static setup, with all of my perimeters correct and manually assigning the AZBOX an ip, based on the ip's that other devices are using at the same time,i.e my ipad uses an ip ending .28 and is the last of 3 devices online so I assign .29 But that doesn't work.
All my DNS and Router/Gateway etc. inputs are correct as per the router, and also as showing on the other devices in their respective network settings...I just can't get an ip for the AZBOX..And that is where I am at...
The Time Capsule is a 802.11n (3rd Generation) using 802.11a/n -80211b/g on radio mode..I am using no WPA security of any type.It's wide open... So I am not sure if that answers your encryption question..Will the AZBOX work with these radio modes??
I do have a couple other Routers a CradlePoint 4G and a NetGear 3G, both pretty new on the shelf, as I have found the Time Capsule is by far the best router for distance and quality of the signal and prefer to use it as opposed to the others, but I can try using one of the others and see if that is the the case... I was hoping to find someone who is using a Time Capsule as a router that would perhaps understand the glitches...If you could forward this or give a heads up to any of your AZBOX Canada friends and ask around I would appreciate it..
I have found links to this in Brazil sites and also in a couple of the Euro/Russia Azbox sites, but all the threads I have read say they have it working but are asking about Disc access etc. as the Time Capsule is also a Back-up disc and I backup all my MAC's daily using it wirelessly from around my network... Thanks again for the quick reply, and also for any other ideas you may have via other up there...HB

If you are trying static IP, then try to assign one outside of your DHCP range. If your Ipad ends in 28, then try something much higher. You should be able to find the DHCP range in the apple airport utility. I have a AEBS and love it. They can be tricky at times. This was my first router, and although I've had issues in set-up, it really performs well. I've gone years without ever dropping a connection.

Catamount

Did you try setting your router to assign a static IP address to your AZBox? I have a Cradlepoint router and I did this for both my AZs and it worked well. I used 192.168.0.145 for one and .146 for the other so I'd know exactly which one I was accessing on the network when I FTP'd to it.

Thanks to all for the input..
I did find, in Airpot utility that the DHCP Range is from .2 to .200 So I have been trying assigning much higher #'s than my other devices are using...
I see that the other devices are using from .21-.28 so I went to the .30's up to .190's just probing and no luck. That is in "Off-Bridge Mode"
In Airport Utility All of my devices are receiving in" OFF-Bridge Mode" at "Connection Sharing" under "Internet" tab.
My connection to the Time Capsule is Ethernet cable Fiber Optic.
I see the options under "Connection Sharing" are:
1. Share a public ip address ( which does not work even after setting the DHCP ranges , The Time Capsule will not start)
2. Distribute a Range of ip Addresses ( Which does not work after setting different parameters as per the pop-up's asking for variable ranges, etc.)
3. OFF (Bridge Mode) The only setting that is working on all my devices with the AZBOX being the exception
So I am still stuck.
I really need to touch base with someone using AZ with Time Capsule..I think that is the only way, and see what they are doing..I have spent hours at it today and last eve. Never give up!!! Thanks for the input..I really want to keep the Time Capsule as my Main router, but I will now go to the CradlePoint and work with that just to see what is up..
Any other ideas anyone???
Thanks again for the input, keep up the good work all here at Sat guys..HB

I just went to fibre-optic about three weeks ago. My ISP provides their own modem/router combo. I wanted to keep the apple base station for wireless. I turned off the wireless on the actiontec and ran an ethernet cable to the apple. I had to put the apple in bridge mode.

I run wired to my Azbox minime, which works fine, but the Isp actiontec hands out the dhcp addresses. The apple is set to hand out dhcp wireless addresses. Is your time capsule your "second" router also? I ask because I see you are using 192.168 addresses, whereas apple normally uses 10.0.1.1. I had to switch to 192.168 addresses with fibre because of the existing subnet.

Did you try another usb wifi on your AZbox? Sorry, but no experience with azbox wireless. I don't mind checking some settings in my airport utility if you need me to.

Catamount

I just went to fibre-optic about three weeks ago. My ISP provides their own modem/router combo. I wanted to keep the apple base station for wireless. I turned off the wireless on the actiontec and ran an ethernet cable to the apple. I had to put the apple in bridge mode.

I run wired to my Azbox minime, which works fine, but the Isp actiontec hands out the dhcp addresses. The apple is set to hand out dhcp wireless addresses. Is your time capsule your "second" router also? I ask because I see you are using 192.168 addresses, whereas apple normally uses 10.0.1.1. I had to switch to 192.168 addresses with fibre because of the existing subnet.

Did you try another usb wifi on your AZbox? Sorry, but no experience with azbox wireless. I don't mind checking some settings in my airport utility if you need me to.

Catamount

Cata, thanks for your help here.
No, I do not have a 2nd router.. I made a mistake when I told you fiber optic input..Only last month I disconnected my fiber optic cable and converter because they "tripled" the monthly rate...Believe it or not here in Honduras they want $235 a month for 1mg download speed...Is that crazy or what?? So I changed to another provider which is wireless reception now... Still a high price at $75 a month for only 2 MG speed... Count your blessings up there,It's costly to have any service here at all..
So I am on a subnet and basically the Time Capsule is a second router, as the ip's router would be the first...right?? So that is why I am 192.168.
Looking back into my fiber optic data records that I saved for my set up, I was indeed using an ip of 10.70.21.2
Same subnet mask as I use now and DNS servers 200.110.244.2 which is Guatemala I think. As the optic cables all originated in Guatemala..
So essentially I am using 2 routers here... I believe .
I would appreciate it if you could show me your settings in Time Capsule.. I have not had a chance yet to hook-up the Cradlepoint 4g USB router that I was using a couple years ago..The Time Capsule is such a good machine.. It's just way better than all routers I've had, so I imagine that is why I'm slow at moving toward the Cradle Point again, I don't even want to think of another router...but I will, hopefully this weekend when I get some time..
If you could list all of your TC settings for me in Airport Utility, that would be a big help, perhaps to diagnose what is going on, and If you would list the AZBOX settings as well so I can compare that...
Thanks for your help...
Also, being you are using Mac's have you ever found a decent AZ editor for channel lists ??? I can not find anything for MAC. Thanks again for your time and effort here.I really appreciate it.. HB

The only Mac product I have is the router. Right now, I'm running Windows machines, although I've run various linux distros in the past. Never tried an AZ editor, but I doubt there is one for a Mac.

I tried to grab some airport utility screenshots from the desktop, but wouldn't let me. I'll type out some settings over the next day or two and send them to you via PM.

The only other advice I have is reboot, reboot! A lot of times just going from wired to wireless on my laptop, I have to reboot both my laptop and Apple router to get internet access. It can be very frustrating, but once it's working the router is hard to beat!

Catamount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts