AZbox won't play .avi movie files?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drboyddrboyd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
US
Whaaa?:confused:

I had moved a bunch of .avi movie files to the AzBox drive and I tired to play them last night - "Unknown Video codec"

They play fine on my PC in that format... what format do I need to change these movies into to get them to play on the AzBox?

Thanks!

Whaaa?:confused:

I had moved a bunch of .avi movie files to the AzBox drive and I tired to play them last night - "Unknown Video codec"

They play fine on my PC in that format... what format do I need to change these movies into to get them to play on the AzBox?

Thanks!

The Azbox does play .avi files, I'm watching one now as I type. However apparently there are different types of .avi files, and many of the .avi files I have here can't be played on the Azbox. I have no idea of what's different about those that can be played vs those that can't be played. I think that there may have been a thread about this a while back, but I'm not sure. I have .avi files from multiple sources, and about half of them play and half don't.

Anyway, you may have to reprocess those that don't play, and experiment a bit to find parameters that aren't rejected by the Azbox, or just convert them to .mpg files.

with 5006 avi also seems broken. files stop playing at 3:37 and selecting a file from the onscreen list does not always make the proper file play. from what ive tried anyways.

crackt out,.

FYI, AVI doesn't describe a codec. It's a container format that can contain any number of codecs. These days, the, ummm, internet community has probably standardized on one or two codecs like DIVX/XVID (or moved on to MKV, but that's a container too, albeit one that probably contains MPEG4 99.9% of the time), but in the old days anything could end up in an .avi, including proprietary things. Chances are, if you have a modern AVI player that only plays one kind of AVI, it's DIVX.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)