AzboxEditor

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
My copy keeps crashing with "Invalid script" everytime I try to d/l from the Azbox. I have version 0.9.7b of the editor - is there a newer version that fixes this problem?

Windows XP Pro SP3.

My copy keeps crashing with "Invalid script" everytime I try to d/l from the Azbox. I have version 0.9.7b of the editor - is there a newer version that fixes this problem?

Windows XP Pro SP3.

Works fine on Windows 7 and Vista

Windows XP Pro SP3.

Which firmware are you using? 2880 requires the 2880 channel editor.

I have 2372. That was shown as the most recent when I updated the firmware yesterday via the Internet.

Try the new channel editor....I reverted to an older firmware because of a few things I didnt like on the new ones, I think I am on 2371 right now... with this box newest ain't always the greatest...;)

Try the new channel editor....I reverted to an older firmware because of a few things I didnt like on the new ones, I think I am on 2371 right now... with this box newest ain't always the greatest...;)

Which receiver should I select? I tried Pansat and it crashed the application.

Which receiver should I select? I tried Pansat and it crashed the application.

If you have a Pansat option you are NOT using the correct editor. The Azbox editor is ONLY for the Azbox.This is the editor for all firmwares BEFORE 2880. You MUST uninstall the newer version if you have it before you install the older one. 2880 required a new editor and channel list format that are NOT compatible with the older firmwares and channeleditor....

If you have a Pansat option you are NOT using the correct editor. The Azbox editor is ONLY for the Azbox.This is the editor for all firmwares BEFORE 2880. You MUST uninstall the newer version if you have it before you install the older one. 2880 required a new editor and channel list format that are NOT compatible with the older firmwares and channeleditor....

What channel editor are you talking about? Maybe I should try creating the appropriate files with the Azboxeditor and then use a separate FTP client to upload the new files? I've heard of some people that have done that. :confused:

What channel editor are you talking about? Maybe I should try creating the appropriate files with the Azboxeditor and then use a separate FTP client to upload the new files? I've heard of some people that have done that. :confused:

You got me confused now. what exactly are you trying to do? If you create a sat list like I explained in the other thread, the azbox editor will load that xml file and that will be your list. If you are trying to import a list from another receiver, STOP NOW, you are wasting your time. It cannot be done. The azbox uses its own format, and other receiver's channel lists or their channel editors do not work. You have to use the azbox channel editor for the appropriate firmware, turn on the ethernet in the azbox menu, and you can then use the azbox editor to push the list to the azbox from the channel editor.

Yes there is another way, but since you are a newbie, do not confuse yourself right now with doing it another way. Use the editor like I described above.

You got me confused now. what exactly are you trying to do? If you create a sat list like I explained in the other thread, the azbox editor will load that xml file and that will be your list. If you are trying to import a list from another receiver, STOP NOW, you are wasting your time. It cannot be done. The azbox uses its own format, and other receiver's channel lists or their channel editors do not work. You have to use the azbox channel editor for the appropriate firmware, turn on the ethernet in the azbox menu, and you can then use the azbox editor to push the list to the azbox from the channel editor.

Yes there is another way, but since you are a newbie, do not confuse yourself right now with doing it another way. Use the editor like I described above.

AzboxEditor won't upload or download. It keeps crashing when I try. That's why I'd like to try creating the necessary files with AzboxEditor and then use a separate FTP or SFTP client to upload the files. Otherwise, I'm just going to quit trying to do this and just live with what I have. This really shouldn't be this difficult to do if the software and firmware was properly written.

The AZbox is still in Beta, features being worked on , including the editors. The only combo I've found that works for me so far, is firmware 2371 and the 9.7b editor. It hasn't crashed in editting, and sends files back and forth to the AZbox. I don't need to use it often, but it's nice having a base channel list to start with.
:)

The AZbox is still in Beta, features being worked on , including the editors. The only combo I've found that works for me so far, is firmware 2371 and the 9.7b editor. It hasn't crashed in editting, and sends files back and forth to the AZbox. I don't need to use it often, but it's nice having a base channel list to start with.
:)

I got the new sat list uploaded last night. I used the Azboxeditor to create the list and then used FileZilla to upload the files to the Azbox (after backing up the original files). The big trick was finding where the files are stored. It would have been easier to find out where the files are stored in the Azbox if I could have got in with SSH (I didn't try Telnet - I avoid using that) and then execute locate or find (whichever is available) to search for the files. But when I finally got a password prompt (it took a couple of minutes) it didn't like the default password "azbox". I'm not sure of what to do about that at this time. I had to manually look through the directory structure (using FileZilla) to find the files. Also, I had to rescan the sat's after rebooting the Azbox because the existing channel list wouldn't provide any audio or video. Anyway, I must need to realign my 12' Paraclipse because I still can't get any FTA channels from AMC7, 8, or 10. The 4DTV shows signal levels of about 75/100 which I would have thought would have been adequate (but there I go thinking again). Anyway, problem solved as far as upload/download to the Azbox. I would have preferred an integrated solution, though.

Anybody know if they're going to port the AzboxEditor to Linux? :tux:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts