Azteca 7 and Azteca 13 dead air on KU 93ºW

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
Was watching the MJ concert prep on Azteca 7. Then about two thirds of the way through the picture went to black and sound vanished.

Checked neighoring Azteca 13 on the mux and it was OK. Later Azteca 13 crapped out as well. Proyecto 40 is still OK on vpid 300 and the color bars are still there on vpid 400.

I still get good SS and SQ on 11984V. but two of the feeds went dark...
:confused:

Yeah... What's up with that?
Checked to see if there is any Azteca OTA here. There is, but it's neither siete or trece. Some talk show or commercial was playing. It's probably Azteca America.

Whatever. Time for bed, anyway.

hehe, they under protest caz the Mexican national team was humiliated by the Argentinians

Still black. I wonder, did the encrypt them?

No.

The channels are there FTA, it's just that the video is just a black screen, and the audio is dead. But it was definitely not encrypted when I looked at it yesterday.
I never did look at the other Azteca feeds to see what was on them. Those Azteca feeds have changed in the past, ie moved or encrypted, etc, but they've always come back. Never watched them much myself, except for a couple NFL games.

No.

The channels are there FTA, it's just that the video is just a black screen, and the audio is dead. But it was definitely not encrypted when I looked at it yesterday.
I never did look at the other Azteca feeds to see what was on them. Those Azteca feeds have changed in the past, ie moved or encrypted, etc, but they've always come back. Never watched them much myself, except for a couple NFL games.

Have you, or has anyone, ever seen anything but color bars on Azteca Oeste? Do color bars cost the same amount of money to run as programming? What is Oeste there for?

Azteca 7,13 still MIA. I see in Lyngsat that they are available in C band @121W. Are those still up? I have a 90cm dish, if I buy a C-band LNB would it be possible to catch them? or is it too small? I'm in the Chicago area.

The ones labeled Este y Oeste are still up on 121 C-band.. Someone else would be better to say about the minibud idea... But a 90cm minibud is pretty small...

Checking into the S-2 ones. But it's pretty unlikely a minibud would get those.

I barely lock those with the 6 footer in Minnesota.,....and these are the DVB ones
S2 barely locks

I don't know what it is with the S2 version, maybe the 8/9 FEC? I can lock it with the Azbox, but my TT3200 has always had a very hard time with it, even though the signal strength is about the same as the other transponders on the sat. To lock it with the TT, I usually have to stop slaving both the TT and Azbox, and just run the TT alone.
Looks like the S2 version is coming up black screen too, at least on my Az... can't verify on the TT easily. And the other DVB transponder seems scrambled.

Azteca 13 is back. Az 7 is the only missing right now. I guess its temp because of the finals in africa:)

Last edited:
Just called my wife at home and she said both 7 & 13 are up in addition to Proyecto 40 which never went away. Hope it stays :rolleyes:

Also the last one Azteca (Oeste) is open. Some kind of a Feed. Now we have 4 active Azteca channles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)