Aztrino 2.0 Beta (ME/miniME)

I think only the new kernel.
But it is a beta image.The Aztrino 1.7 is 48MB.This beta is 30MB.So it doesn't have all the features.

What improvements are there compared to the previous versions?

I tested it over here and along with the new kernel, the UI is a bit more polished and better performing. However, it's not quite ready for mainstream use yet as several components were not ported over to the new kernel such as the web interface and blindscan. Once these components have been ported over and the new kernel passes stability testing, we will create a North American edition of AzTrino with this new kernel.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

It can also co-exist with OPEN PLI using the new Kernel by doing the following....

So, this is how you can keep your OpenAZBox PLi MOD Me Prerelease 2 in BOOT[0] and install AZtrino 2.0 Beta into BOOT[1]:

Before flashing AZtrino 2.0 Beta, extract file flash.jffs2 from AZtrino_Me_2.0_Beta.img using free tool 7-Zip.
Rename file flash.jffs2 into image1.jffs2 and copy it to USB stick.
Add file update.ext to USB stick (you can find it among installation files for OpenAZBox PLi MOD Me Prerelease 1 and 2).
No need for flashing kernel - if you've previously installed OpenAZBox PLi MOD Me Prerelease 2, you already have it!
Do the installation - In Upgrade menu choose 3. Flash image on BOOT[1]

If you backed up your channel list and settings of SATs, you can restore them after initial Setup:
satellites.xml goes into /var/tuxbox/config
and
bouquets.xml , sat.conf , services.xml go to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit
Then you need to power off/on.

I tried cc and mg emu's and both work nicely. If you prefer mg, you'll need libcrypto.so.0.9.8 installed before symlinking it to libcrypto.so.0.9.7

And just to confirm: I've installed dozen .ipk files, so IPKG installer is already in image under name opkg-cl

Thanks to dvlajkovic from the RTI forum for this explanation

I have tried this and it works.

I tested it over here and along with the new kernel, the UI is a bit more polished and better performing. However, it's not quite ready for mainstream use yet as several components were not ported over to the new kernel such as the web interface and blindscan. Once these components have been ported over and the new kernel passes stability testing, we will create a North American edition of AzTrino with this new kernel.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada
Thanks, PwrSurge. I look forward to testing your NA version when it become available.