AZBOX AZtrino 2.15 - North American edition for AzBox ME

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
AzBox Canada is proud to present version 2.15 of AZtrino North American edition for AzBox ME users.
This is a significant upgrade to the new stable 3.3.1 kernel for better performance and functionality.

It includes the following enhancements:

- New and improved GUI
- Added 480i and 480p resolutions
- Fixed 4:3 content mode selection
- Fixed signal analyzer graphs
- Updated multimedia drivers
- Various bug fixes

This new firmware version is available for download from the support section of our http://www.azbox.ca website.
Please use the web interface in order to flash this image by holding down the Vol + key when the unit boots

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Where can I find the 3.3.1 kernel?

It's contained within the firmware image file. You simply have to flash AZtrino_Me_215_NA.img using the web interface of the AzBox Me and both the kernel and the AZtrino operating system will be upgraded.

Please note that all channels and settings from your previous AZtrino version will be erased when performing this upgrade so make sure you back them up before doing the upgrade.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Blindscan works on V but when it switches to H their is no signal showing, reads 0 on the display, (signal and quality) so the radar just revolves with nothing happening no channel download will commence. You cannot abort the scan either only a reboot restores normal operation.

Blindscan works on V but when it switches to H their is no signal showing, reads 0 on the display, (signal and quality) so the radar just revolves with nothing happening no channel download will commence. You cannot abort the scan either only a reboot restores normal operation.

Try again as both V and H scan should work as before. In rare occasions, some detected frequencies can make the tuner driver hang during blindscan. Unfortunately, the current tuner drivers don't allow us the ability to support aborting a blindscan midway so you need to let it complete till the end. For satellites with lots of active transponders, you might need to scan V and H separately.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

OK will try that. Tried what you suggested just one polarity and it just hangs after the transponder scan, so something is amiss with it. I tried 10700 to 11800 on both V or H on 24W.

Last edited:
OK will try that. Tried what you suggested just one polarity and it just hangs after the transponder scan, so something is amiss with it. I tried 10700 to 11800 on both V or H on 24W.

Try doing a shutdown and turning off the back power switch for a few seconds in order to do a fresh boot of your system and try again to see if you still have this issue. If you still have problems then we will try testing a bit more to see if there's any issue caused by the new kernel in regards to blind scan.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Try doing a shutdown and turning off the back power switch for a few seconds in order to do a fresh boot of your system and try again to see if you still have this issue. If you still have problems then we will try testing a bit more to see if there's any issue caused by the new kernel in regards to blind sc

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Again tried the reboot, and I still have the same problem. The 1.85 version is absolutely fine. I can still see the tuner is OK from my spectrum analyser, it just hangs after it finds the transponders and won't download any channels.

Again tried the reboot, and I still have the same problem. The 1.85 version is absolutely fine. I can still see the tuner is OK from my spectrum analyser, it just hangs after it finds the transponders and won't download any channels.

First try scanning any active transponder manually in order to have at least one channel on the satellite you are trying to blindscan and then try again. If this works then I have a good idea what is causing this issue and will try fixing it as soon as possible.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Hi Pwrsurge,

Yes, I have done that, I scanned the mux at 11.675V SR27500 which gives me three FTA channels which download OK then I still have the problem with blindscan. I thought like you that you need some channels in the database for it to work, but sadly it makes no difference.

Hi Pwrsurge,

Yes, I have done that, I scanned the mux at 11.675V SR27500 which gives me three FTA channels which download OK then I still have the problem with blindscan. I thought like you that you need some channels in the database for it to work, but sadly it makes no difference.

Ok then please try the following test cases after a fresh boot:

- Blindscan Vertical only from 10700 to 11699
- Blindscan Horizontal only from 10700 to 11699
- Blindscan Vertical only from 11700 to 11800
- Blindscan Horizontal only from 11700 to 11800

All of the above should not have any issues as only one kernel thread is used for the blindscan process.

Next, try the following test cases:
- Blindscan Vertical only from 11600 to 11800
- Blindscan Horizontal only from 11600 to 11800
- Blindscan both polarities from 11600 to 11699
- Blindscan both polarities from 11600 to 11800

All of these cases will probably have issues as multiple kernel threads are used for the blindscan process. If this is the case then the issue is most likely regression based caused by the new 3.3.1 kernel not releasing process threads properly and/or differently than the older kernel. Once we get confirmation that this is the case, we will attempt to resolve this issue by releasing a new firmware version.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Ok then please try the following test cases after a fresh boot:

- Blindscan Vertical only from 10700 to 11699
- Blindscan Horizontal only from 10700 to 11699
- Blindscan Vertical only from 11700 to 11800
- Blindscan Horizontal only from 11700 to 11800

All of the above should not have any issues as only one kernel thread is used for the blindscan process.

Next, try the following test cases:
- Blindscan Vertical only from 11600 to 11800
- Blindscan Horizontal only from 11600 to 11800
- Blindscan both polarities from 11600 to 11699
- Blindscan both polarities from 11600 to 11800

All of these cases will probably have issues as multiple kernel threads are used for the blindscan process. If this is the case then the issue is most likely regression based caused by the new 3.3.1 kernel not releasing process threads properly and/or differently than the older kernel. Once we get confirmation that this is the case, we will attempt to resolve this issue by releasing a new firmware version.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Hi PwrSurge,

Just as you have said, the first 4 test cases worked OK, but the second 4 lock up the scan at the point of channel download and the reboot is required. Thanks for your time and patience in listening!

I look forward to a fix for this as the scan seems quite fast and accurate.

Regards

Last edited:
Can't seem to get Time Shift working. Regarding Blind Scan, I'm having the same issues as others have mentioned.

Using HDMI, I'm not getting full screen no matter the resolution I choose, either watching TV or on the setup screens. The vertical right of my screen is short by 1.5". The vertical left of my screen is short by about .5 inches. The horizontal bottom is short by .5 inches, the top is fine. I have tried the Screen setup option, but it doesn't fix it. Also, I noticed that Pressing Menu > TV Mode on the remote control unit doesn't bring up the time, but pressing the blue button and choosing "Clock On" does work. It should be noted that those issues I mentioned here work fine on Ver. 1.85. It should be noted also that these issues don't exist on OpenRSI firmware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)