Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
jones Vs Tarver

JONES VS TARVER

from yahoo sports:
Boyhood rivals Jones and Tarver clash for third time

September 29, 2005
TAMPA, United States (AFP) - Roy Jones will battle fellow American Antonio Tarver for the third time Saturday as the two boyhood rivals square off for supremacy in boxing's light heavyweight division.

Jones (49-3, 38 KOs) and Tarver (23-3, 19 KOs) meet in a 12-round main event which Jones hopes will restore his legacy as a boxing champion.

"I think Roy now understands his legacy is on the line," Tarver said. "But it is Tarver time. Roy might be as great as everybody says he is. But I plan to show once again that he's not better than me."

Jones and Tarver met for the first time as teenagers in Florida. After winning a silver medal at the 1988 Olympics, Jones went on to capture world titles in four weight classes.

This marks the rubber match between the two. In their last fight, Tarver posted a shocking second-round knock-out of Jones in May 2004.

In 2003, Jones won a controversial split decision over Tarver. Jones has struggled in his last three fights, losing by consecutive knockouts to Tarver and Glen Johnson.

Johnson is the common opponent between the two. Jones lost on a ninth round knockout to Johnson in September 2004 while Tarver lost a split decision to Johnson three months later. Tarver avenged that defeat by taking a unanimous decision from Johnson in January.

Jones has reunited with his father/trainer, Roy Sr, who will be in his corner on Saturday. Roy Sr has trained Jones since age 13 before they parted ways last year.

Dishnetwork customers:
Live! Saturday October 1st at 9 pm ET (8:30 pm pre-show)
Price: $49.95
Channels: 455 & 470, and 9467 for HIgh Def

Directv customers:
Boxing: Tarver vs. Jones 3 - LIVE , and Hd channel 98

Antonio Tarver and Roy Jones meet for a third time to settle their rivalry for good! LIVE from Tampa, Florida. Card/schedule subject to change. $49.95(price non-refudable).

i went to it, it was a good time. it was hard for me to determine who was winning. it is alot eaisier watching it on tv. i will be checking out the hd feed next saturday.

did they show on tv that michael jordon and mike tyson were there?

They didn't show them but they mentioned that Jordan was there. It was clear on TV that Jones wasn't risking too much, except for maybe a couple of rounds where he got more aggressive. You can't win a fight if you don't throw punches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)