Back to C Band - Help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Boondockbill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
Currently have a Toshiba HDTV with Directv. HD package $12/month not much on it. Watch small number of SD channels - MTV, E!, A&E, Fox, MLB Baseball (in season). Can't watch east networks anymore (due to past ruling - I'm on west coast). I am grandfathered in for primetime east/west with CBand but they don't broadcast analog anymore.

Now. Have my CBand, 8-ft mesh dish. Old Motorola 650i analog receiver. If I get a digital receiver Motorola 922, can I get most channels I watch now? I know I won't be able to get HD on 4dtv but you know what? There's not much on Directv HD anyway and my Toshiba is about to be 3-years old (widescreen but rear projection). I would be willing to give up HD.

Current Directv bill is around $70/month. Not under a contract with them just month-to-month. If I bail, this is a good time.

Any help? Point me to a website?

I don't need all the Directv channels, here's what we watch:

MLB
MLB Playoffs
MLB World Series
ESPN/ESPN 2
E!
Comedy Channel
A&E
MTV/MTV2
VH1/VH1/C
FNC
HBO - only when Curb or Sopranos are on

dfergie said:
Have you checked out the FAQ's? This post...

as I have cancer and can onoly gather the energy a few minutes a day, I was hoping I would not have to scroll thru the huge tvro.faq's which looks like it would take an hour just to get thru it. Are there any kind-hearted people in here that can give me a more quick answer?

Provided you don't have any line of sight issues and your eight footer will be big enough and is working properly, you should be able to reduce your monthly bill by quite a bit. I don't know if you would get EVERY MLB game you want, but there are many up there for sure. Maybe someone else will chime in on the dish size issue.

Sorry about that... The bigger the better dish size, but my 8' got what I wanted, whats the noise temps of your Lnb's? if your VCII module is still alive some channels are in the clear (last time I checked Discovery was, did not check others). The Denver 7 are up in digital now also so those channels would give you more options...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts