Back To D*....Install Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bucknut

Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Hi all. This is a bit long winded so forgive me. Long time reader, first time poster. After frequenting this forum for some time I am rejoining the D* family. I was with them for 5 years before switching to TW Cable. I’m really tired of the “boxy” pixels on the TW Cable DVR, so I’m switching, plus D* is a bit cheaper. Plus TW Cable SD channels look terrible. D* gave me a really good offer to join back up (TIVOs, free re-install, etc.), but I have a question.

Currently I have 2 RG-6 cable runs going through my house, one to each needed TV. With TW Cable I also have VoIP telephone and RoudRunner shared on the same cables. I really do not want to run another line of RG-6 for D* so I was wondering if I could diplex the signals for TW Cable and D* and then user a splitter to split them again once they reach the destination, ie the TV and the cable modem? I know that before D* offered locals this was the process, having two feeds into one and then sending it the the destination, so I can only assume that this will work just fine. Do you think it will effect PQ or even possibly bandwidth?

I suppose the thing to do is just to run another cable, but it awfully dam* cold in my attic and I’d really rather not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)