Back To DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bacardiator

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 30, 2007
Hello all,

I've been very unhappily stranded on Dolan Island for 2 years!!!!!
I had to move 2 years ago into an apt. bldg that didn't allow dish installations, the super told me that the owner of the bldg had a deal on the side with CV with equipment mounted on the roof, which made it a CV exclusive bldg. I'm finally moving out and into a place that allows me to go back to Dtv. Along with one of the packages, I plan on ordering the HD package as well. What equipment do I need to request to make sure that I get all the HD channels that are being offered? I ask because I read somewhere that some HD receivers don't receive certain HD channels, and also read something about MPEG 4. Can anyone help with any suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sounds like a landlord breaking OTARD

Regardless

If you want a DVR ide say an HR20 receiver with an AT9 or AT9 Slimline dish should to it.

If you dont want the DVR just an H20 with AT9 or AT9 Slimline should handle it

Currently the H20 and DVR HR20 are the only MPEG4 receivers available. To receive all HD channels an MPEG4 receiver is necessary and has to be combined with a 5 LNB dish. The AT9 was the original 5 LNB dish the AU9 Slimline is the current 5 LNB dish. The Phase 3 dish won't work for the new Ka satellites. The 5 LNB dish looks like it only has 3 LNBs but three are combined behind the larger plastic cover.

Go with the HR20, even if you don't think you will use the DVR portion. You WILL use it and then ask yourself how you lived without it.

Go with the HR20, even if you don't think you will use the DVR portion. You WILL use it and then ask yourself how you lived without it.

It's also a good recommendation since D*'s putting MUCH more effort into the HR20 then the H20 adding new features and fixing software problems. Plus the upcoming VOD application will need the HR20 in order to use it.

It's also a good recommendation since D*'s putting MUCH more effort into the HR20 then the H20 adding new features and fixing software problems. Plus the upcoming VOD application will need the HR20 in order to use it.

Good info, I didn't know that.

Yea, I agree, go with the HR20.

When I had the H20, it was nothing crap in a silver box. Stupid thing would lock up constantly, and reset all by itself in the middle of shows. And I went through 3 of them and each one was worse then the first.

Since I had such problems D* gave me a free HR20, and even with it's little quirks, it TEN TIMES better.

DVR's are just necessary anymore. Need another beer, pause. Trip to the John, pause. Unexpected company, pause/record, etc.

It's worth the extra $5.99/month for that flexibility.

DVR's are just necessary anymore. Need another beer, pause. Trip to the John, pause. Unexpected company, pause/record, etc.

It's worth the extra $5.99/month for that flexibility.

its true. i installe dmy parents Diretv system (3dvrs and 1 reg rec) 1 month ago last friday. my dad called me today to see if i could get him another DVR. the TV in their kitchen we could only get 1 run to so we settled with the basic but he wants a dvr there 1 run or not... lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)