Bad 20 box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Camplate

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 28, 2004
I don't have the receiver in front of me, want to get the question out there and will add details later. I have an older model HD receiver. I had it unplugged when I got a new HD receiver; it worked fine. Last night I went to rehook it; as soon as I plugged the power cord in there was a clicking sound, the HD and power lights flicked back and forth. Unhooked everything but the power cord; plugged back in same thing.

Is it dead or something that can be repaired?

Okay: it's a DTC210

Last edited:
send it to me and I will test it for you.

I hope you are joking, because I am laughing.

Seriously I see nothing wrong with the unit. Probably most of the readers will roll their eyes but I could fix this. I was a component level repair technician for fifteen years. But can't do anything without the circuit diagram, etc.

I saw another post that said the same unit had a power supply problem, but there was no response on if it could be fixed.

:D Glad to see you laughing
Yeap I was joking.

If indeed is the power supply issue probably could be repaired.
You might be able to test the dc power output by measuring the voltage coming out of the power supply.

DTC210 power supply fix

I had 2 units I bought used which were also non-functional, clicking sound (an internal antenna relay) and flashing front panel lights at 2 to 3 times per second, this indicates that the power supply is improperly cycling. After analysis of the switching power supply, I found that the main power device IC had been damaged and was not working properly. When a solid state device of this type fails, it is sudden and final. When replaced, the power supply worked correctly and the DTC210 functions. The part is a Fairchild KA1M0565R power switch integrated circuit which can be easily replaced by a skilled technician. You can look up a data sheet on the internet. While the component was not available at my local electronics parts store, I found it at Mouser Electronics for $3 at Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts