Bad 22khz switch or bad receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
Either my MicroHD is in the process of dying or I have something really odd going on

I had what seems to be a dead 8x1 diseqc switch, but today changed it out with a new 4x1 diseqc switch. It worked a short while then went to the point of only seeing H polarity and no V. Only one port was seen on the 4x1, the others had no signal at all. Ended up taking it out and just using a 22khz switch that was used originally. It can see the same LNB no matter if the 22k is on or off with both polarities working fine.

Now if I bypass everything and run the HH motor, it works perfect but I lost the option of using both C band dishes and the other Ku dish.

But also within the past year I have to select a H polarity transponder for the receiver to see signal quality. If I select a satellite on V, I get 0 quality and dont see anything. I have to select a H polarity, then select a V for it to work. This was tried and duplicated on different LNBs and coax, even hooking to a known working test lnb right in the house with no switches in line.

I had used this setup for years with no issues at all

receiver -> 22K (off) -> C band dish
receiver -> 22k (on) -> 8x1 diseqc -> port 2 -> HH motor and dish
receiver -> 22k (on) -> 8x1 diseqc -> port 4 -> 1.2 meter
receiver -> 22k (on) -> 8x1 diseqc -> port 6 -> second fixed C band
receiver -> 22k (on) -> 8x1 diseqc -> port 2 -> primestar dish

The other ports were used at one time but no longer since the dishes were no longer needed. Setup worked great even using a motor through it with no issues

Run a temporary coax and test. Maybe the control signal problems are the result of a corroded fitting or a nicked coax jacket with water ingress. The 22KHz/DiSEqC signals are easily attenuated by distribution problems that may not affect the satellite signals.

Reactions: KE4EST
After testing using a new known good coax jumper outside taking the receiver with me, a new 4.1 diseqc switch, and different LNB's, the MicroHD has officially died. Even loaded the latest firmware from the Geosatpro site and still no luck.Checked and made sure the LNB voltage is on but it no longer has voltage out of the RF port. I can take the original setup as it was before it quit working and put my spare openbox S10 in the place of the MicroHD and it works perfectly.

It worked good for about 3 years but its now dead. Guess Ill have to look and see what other receivers are out there, I havent even looked at any since I bought the microHD

Status
Please reply by conversation.