Bad DPP 44 switches?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gottahavedish

Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Is anyone aware of any particular problems occurring with the DPP 44 switch? The number 3 input port of my 5 month old switch has completely gone dead. Are switches eligible for replacement through the Advance Exchange Program?

I had bought a DPP44 a few months back and had it replaced under the 12 month warranty. Just call Dish and ask for service or technical support, they may ask you to do a couple of things to ensure it is bad. With me, they sent me a new one with a shipping label to send the old one back. It cost me $14.95, but I believe that was for UPS 2 day, otherwise it would of been free for regular UPS (5-7 days).

My DPP44 wasn't bad, but neither the vendor, nor Dish Advance Technical Support knew that the DPP44 and DP34 needed longer than normal center conductors on the RG6 cables.

Although a couple of people have had some problems who have a DPP44, I haven't heard of a lot of DPP44 being bad. However, late spring there was a shortage of DPP44's nationwide.

Someone else may have more info. Therefore....
Why don't you respond with your LNBF and/or dish type, and the receiver wouldn't hurt either.

EDIT: I suspect you probably done this already, but did you swap some cables around and they all show bad on 3? When doing so, you need to do another check switch.

Last edited:
My DPP44 wasn't bad, but neither the vendor, nor Dish Advance Technical Support knew that the DPP44 and DP34 needed longer than normal center conductors on the RG6 cables.

Define normal. Though that does bring to mind the question I always have when I see the DPP44: Why the HECK did they make the threaded ports ONE INCH LONG!?

Yeah, but like he said. Make sure it's that port by swapping around on your various ports then running check switches. Prob old news to you...

They are even longer if you crack it open :). It seems they were pretty worried about heat with that sucker. Although I've never felt mine get above a warm touch.

As for the port not working, have you tried a different receiver on the port, unplugging the switch, unplugging the receiver? I know if I switch between my 211 and my 6000 on the same port things go haywire and I have to pull the plug on my 6000 and do a check switch before it sees any signal (although I have verified there is RF coming from the port with a spectrum analyzer).

Thank you for the replies. Yes I had previously switched cables and done the switch checks and the port is clearly dead.

Now for the response of Dish customer service. As I purchased the switch from an out-of-state retailer on-line and not them, I will need to return the switch to the retailer to have the warranty honored. When I pointed out that the warranty was made by dish and not the retailer, I was told by the CSR supervisor that when he had purchased a defective television from BestBuy, he had returned it to the store and not the manufacturer. I replied that it was nice for the store to have that policy, but that they could have forced him to deal with the manufacturer, and that I would now be contacting the CEO customer service folks. We'll see what happens.

(Except for the fact that CEO plans to resolve, next time) Call Dish back and then ask for Technical Support, they will either handle it or transfer you to Advanced Technical Support.

I bought mine from an out of state retailer also. After 30 days, the problem belongs to Dish. Before 30 days - it's up for opinions.

Normal - actually nothing's really normal. :D I would think if it made it to the end of the threads it should work. However, I bought some cables that extended past the threads and they did not work. Actually, they sometimes worked erractic, maybe when they heated up and expanded they made contact, then as it gets cold and contracts, they lose contact.

Hopefully, Port 4 is available to use (but then why not use a DP34).

Good luck.

And remember - its after 30 days.

Cause of DPP seperator capabilities. But I'm sure you already knew that.
And the mind is the 3rd or 4th thing to go.:eek: :D

Thanks for reminding me. I guess I must have been in a little hurry - I kind of remember adding that statement at the end (maybe on an edit).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)