Bad Hopper 3???

300mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
I have a have H3 with 3 Joyce's, for the past few days I have found the H3 disconnecting from all the Joyce's. The fix has been to reset the H3 and then they will all reconnect. H3 firmware is u525 and Joey is U295. Any suggesting will help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a have H3 with 3 Joyce's, for the past few days I have found the H3 disconnecting from all the Joyce's. The fix has been to reset the H3 and then they will all reconnect. H3 firmware is u525 and Joey is U295. Any suggesting will help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joyce's? Autocorrect?

Anyway, is a Hopper3 reset required or will cycling between standby and on fix it too? I have 1 Joey that loses connection sometimes, but it doesn't take a full reset to fix the problem.

Joyce's? Autocorrect?

Anyway, is a Hopper3 reset required or will cycling between standby and on fix it too? I have 1 Joey that loses connection sometimes, but it doesn't take a full reset to fix the problem.
dam autocorret. lol.... I tried cycling between standby/on on the individual Joey's but not on the H3. I have had the H3 system for 2+ years and have had the occasional issue but this has been happening 1-3 times per day for last couple of days. I will try that next time on the H3 along with relinking Joey in the Joey diagnostic - whole home menu.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ncted
Maybe something physical, like water infiltrating cabling or connections
could one bad cable be affecting all three Joey's? 2 of the cables are run from weatherproof enclosure directly inside, the other cable is buried in lawn(direct burial grade). could it be the node(I believe that's what's it called).

could one bad cable be affecting all three Joey's? 2 of the cables are run from weatherproof enclosure directly inside, the other cable is buried in lawn(direct burial grade). could it be the node(I believe that's what's it called).

It could be any component, including the LNBF

I ran into this a few times, is the hybrid solo hub damaged or the Coax cable running throughout your home? If you don’t see any visible damage, it may be best to get a 10mm wrench and try removing the coax to see if the stinger is damaged, or potentially upgrading to WiFi Joeys considering they don’t use a coax connection, they get a signal from the wireless Joey access point at the hopper. It’s an upgrade fee and you do have to sign another 2 year contract and the joeys are bulky like the Joey 1 and 2 but you have a lot more versatility in terms of being able to switch the joeys from where you only have coax to any part of the home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts