Bad LNB-What to buy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BOBHUSKER

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
Northern California
It looks like I have a fried DBS Int'l LNB 741. Can you all direct me to the best replacement LNB I should buy? I would prefer one without the Cervo motor. I just bought a new Manhattan RS-1933 HD receiver and now I cannot use it. Frustrating.
Thanks
Bob

The BEST? Well then, let's try a Dual Orthomode Feed with 4 LNBs
chap-ortho-ns5215-ns2707a-calamp-ea.jpg

controlled by a modded WNC48 multi-switch.
WNC%20SWA-48%20Mod.jpg

This is what I replaced my 741 with.
Oddly enough, the LNB settings remain the same with this setup as the 741.

Your 741 might still be under warranty if you bought it new. Secondly, maybe it didn't get "fried" but it got water in it. I had a Geosatpro unit once that I took apart, dried and cleaned out and it worked fine after that. That works maybe a third of the time though.

I just bought oned of those orthomodes from linuxman. Save a bunch of money buying it used. Very expensive new.

Looks like you have a BUD (big "ugly" dish) and LUD (little uglier dish) I used a BSC 621 for awhile, but you have to get those right on the money in order to get both bands. I was using a Geosatpro C2 (no servo - voltage controlled) for just C-band. If you have DirecTV, getting Ku off of your big dish might be redundant.

The orthomode is supposed to be an advanced solution, but I guess my luck is holding as I got it working essentially the first time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts