Bad LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tanuki

Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
I'm currently trying to set up my Mercury II reciver and My 7.5' BUD. I'm pretty sure I have the danm thing looking right at AnikF1 but I can ony get 4 to 9 percent signal. Do you think I have a bad LNB? The rig has to be 10 years old at least.

The BUD has a US Electronics C Band LNB which is hooked via the GEOSat Pro switch that came with the Mercury II. The movement of the BUD is being controlled by a Drake 1724 and the signal is the same no matter where I move it.

If I do have need a replacement LNB what would you guys suggest? I was looking at the BSC621 C KU Band LNBF but I don't know what I'm really doing.

Any tips appricated as my wife brought up getting rid of the BUD last night. :eek:

Tanuki

I don't look at F1 too often, but you can look at the List here:
SatelliteGuys.US - 107.3°W Anik F1R C
And maybe use some of the TP frequencies in the Mercury2 to try and find a signal. It might well be a bad lnb, but I would guess a line of sight issue first. Meaning be sure you are pointed to F1, or if you can move the dish with the Drake, move over to W4 channel 16 and see if you get PBSX on the Drake. If you do, the lnb is probably OK...

Al

Another thing (almost forgot), if you're using the Drake for polarity, and I'm sure you are, then make sure the Drake is on the correct polarity for the Mercury2 to get a TP with?

Also, check the LNBF type settings in MII menu. It should be 5150 for C-Band.

If you have a KU Band lnb on your BUD, most likely it is a standard LNB. In that case for KU use 10750.

I took everyones suggestions and was able to get 2 radio signals at 74 percent which meant my LNB is good. So I moved the dish around and I'm now ponted at AMC 1C. I'm hoping to at least get a picture on my tv here.

If I where to switch out my LNBF with the BSC621-2 C KU would the Mercury II be able to switch between Ku and C along with V/H on it's own?

Thanks for getting me this far... Just a little more.
Tanuki

Yes it would, but you do realize the BSC621-2 has a Universal ku lnbf in it? There is a BSC621 version that has a Standard ku lnbf in it. And not that you will use the Drake much for programming, but a Universal ku lnbf won't work with the Drake because of the built-in switch on the ku side of the BSC621-2. On the other hand, it will work Good with the Mercury2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)