Bad network port on 722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmw194

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 3, 2008
Brooklyn
Is it possible the network port went bad on my 722? We had a storm that fried the Uverse internet gateway. Before the storm my 722 would connect via the old gateway. When I plug in a network cable I do get a green led on the back of the 722 to light up. I tried the network connection things via the menu/set up and nothing.

Any ideas?

Is it possible the network port went bad on my 722? We had a storm that fried the Uverse internet gateway. Before the storm my 722 would connect via the old gateway. When I plug in a network cable I do get a green led on the back of the 722 to light up. I tried the network connection things via the menu/set up and nothing.

Any ideas?
I'd do a power plug reset in the 722 to make sure it initializes the port properly. Then check to see if it gets an IP address from your router. If not, plug something else into the cable the goes into the 722 and make sure it connects.

It's also possible the new router ("internet gateway") has a firewall that's not passing everything necessary for the 722. I haven't heard that's been a problem in the past so it's just a shot in the dark.

I did the power plug reset with no luck. I then used the network cable to connect a laptop to the router and the laptop connected fine.

I reattached the cable to the router. I was wrong in my original post (sorry) about any kind of indicator light turning on when the cord is in the back of the receiver. It would also appear that the router isn't even recognizing that a cable is plugged in (when the laptop was plugged in there was an led that illuminated).

It seems to me like the port is dead. Is there a diagnostic test to run on that port?

I have a sling, so it stinks to not have the 722 online, but other than that do I need a network connection?

Try plugging it into the other network connection. Oh wait! That's right, there ISN'T another network connection on the non Hopper series!

Heck, maybe time to move to the Hopper. Here, while you think about it, enjoy this sweet refreshing beverage.

And remember, all physicists are evil. :devilish. Listen not to anything they say!

Ok, if you don't care about Sling, or online bill business, or DL movies, you could be ok. But if you get a replacement ViP722 series, which equates to ANY 722, and conceivably (but not likely) a 622, just remember, it is "reman" and probably has an old used HDD in it, and at best has a (rare if not impossible) new "old" HDD in it.

Really is time to move to a Hopper. I'm not fond of the H3, preferring the HWS, but if you don't do OTA then I guess it's the best option. No 4X FF, no red LED recording in progress light, and a few other quirks, but yes, probably your best option. One week, tops, of future shock, and then you'll be happy you switched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts