Bad news regarding Dish and "DRM"

I am waiting for the adaptor that REMOVES HDCP from the HDMI signal. As in, the signal I PAY for is MINE, as long as I don't sell or give it away I should be able to record/archive at will, just like I did with the stack of VHS tapes I have in my closet right now.

It is illegal to make available for sale in the US such a device under the "Draconian Millenium Copyright Abuse" law.

FWIW, I was able to use an HDMI to DVI adapter on my Mits RPTV and it seems to work. 622 says that HDCP is enabled when using it.

It is illegal to make available for sale in the US such a device under the "Draconian Millenium Copyright Abuse" law.

"I am waiting for the adaptor that REMOVES HDCP from the HDMI signal. As in, the signal I PAY for is MINE, as long as I don't sell or give it away I should be able to record/archive at will, just like I did with the stack of VHS tapes I have in my closet right now."

------------------------------

Nonetheless, they are available.

It was illegal to sell DVD players without region limits. IIRC The first model eventually had to be removed from the market after a lawsuit but other companies still make them for sale here. Same law I believe. So... who knows.

My HDMI->DVI cable arrived (finally) and I re-did my set-up with my DVI switchbox (sharing my DVD player and 622 with my single DVI input) and it works well. The 622 via DVI required my adjusting my HDTV a bit (contrast, brightness), but only a minor amout which didn't impact my DVD playback in any adverse manner.

So, now I'm ready for HDCP, whenever it rears it's ugly head...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts