Please reply by conversation.

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Hey folks -

Wondering what my options are here -

Channel 4 in Indianapolis, WTTV, since sometime after July 8th has been having a picture quality problem. The picture "pulses" about once per second and sometimes pixilates a little bit - kind of how UVerse used to behave all the time on all channels.

It's only on channel 4 that I can see, and going back through my recordings of Extant on CBS it happened after July 8. Since Indianapolis channel 4 is now the CBS station and it broadcasts way south of the city, they have a sister station channel 29 which I can pull in OTA, and it does NOT have this problem. Others who get channel 4 from other providers say they can't see the problem.

So - what can I do about this? It seems like it's definitely a DirecTV issue. I'm not going to call the support line, though, because we all know what will happen. How can I get this issue in front of the right person who can fix it?

And if anyone is in Indianapolis, can you verify that you see this on CBS 4? It's pretty obvious if you pay attention. Once per second...

Thanks!

Jeff

Are you able to check their OTA signal, perhaps hooking an antenna direct to your TV?

If you feel it is exclusive to their DirecTV link, I would contact the station engineer. They will have direct access to the contacts at DirecTV if they feel there is a problem with their uplink, plus it could be on their end too. Many times this can be faster than climbing the chain of Directv support.

Good idea. I'll try re-scanning with my AM-21 and see if I can pull it in now. 3 or 4 years ago when I set up my OTA locals it had such a marginal signal that I excluded it.

Are you able to check their OTA signal, perhaps hooking an antenna direct to your TV?

If you feel it is exclusive to their DirecTV link, I would contact the station engineer. They will have direct access to the contacts at DirecTV if they feel there is a problem with their uplink, plus it could be on their end too. Many times this can be faster than climbing the chain of Directv support.
Excellent, thats where I was going to point too.
Not saying it's the locals issue, but thats where you want to start, it could be something that is Starting at the local end, regardless, if you are able to contact the Chief Engineer he very well may know about the issue and tell you its a part or something they are working on or waiting on, or he may just tell you that D* had been advised.

Chances are the local Knows about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.