Baking a ham. Need advice

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Due to spending WAY too much on food in November I got a free ham. When I got it I had no idea what to do with it so I just put it in my freezer, but now space is getting tight and I took it out and put it in the fridge to thaw. I plan on cooking it up tomorrow when I am home for the day, but I don't really know how to "do" anything with it. The instructions on the package seem to just say to put it in the oven for a period of time, but obviously there has to be more to it than that. Anyone have any advice in terms of prep work or seasoning or things to do while it's cooking up? BTW, while I don't know the exact term I know this isn't a regular spiraled ham (these ones were free, while the spiral hams were simply discounted.) I don't know if that makes any difference in terms of cooking or prep work.

TIA

in a 350 degree oven, I usually put the ham on a rack in a roasting pan wide side (or face) down with a cup or so of water. Tent with aluminum foil and it bake as per the per pound instructions on the label. Don't forget to remove that little plastic disk over the bone. Hope this helps.

Do you have a roaster? I put mine in my roaster with pineapple juice and put pineapple rings all over it, cook it as long as the package says or per the roaster's instructions. I've also done it in my crock pot that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts