Bandstacked LNB multi-receiver options

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is what i found:

Zinwell 3x4 sam- 3402 multiswitch 40-2150 mhz

I am thinking they should work. They are not expensive.

continuing on with this project, i bought the Eagle aspen B1SAT STACK c- band lnb.
installed 3 on a unimesh 8' dish which is seriously outperforming the Perfect 10 dish that was my initial setup.
but,
Set on up on a unimesh 10 ft dish aimed at 40.5 west and noticed a bunch of things.
the plate goes in the feedhorn opposite, giving horiz and Vert switched. I could not flp the lnb to see if i could get away from it??
40.5w Blind scan on openbox with lnb settings 5750, 5150 yielded lower Qualities then my non bandstacked lnb. tps dont match what is posted
in lygsat at all.

Is there a custom made Dielectric plate that is supposed to go into this LNB?
I thought they were interchangeable.

Does perhaps this LNB not like Circular signals maybe?
I am missing something simple here and dont know what it is.

How far in do you shove that plate? LOL! that sounds bad.
anybody using bandstacked on 40.5w?
i sure would like to chat with you.

I am using a B1SAT on my fixed PortaBUD (6 foot) dish aimed at 87W. I have found no problems with lower quality readings--MeTV, ThisTV, and NASA all come in with numbers similar to what other members are receiving. I even pick up the DVB-S2 RTV transponders, although reception of those is hit and miss on a 6 foot dish. Remember that the L.O. setting for this bandstacked LNB is 5750, not 5150.

Thanks for the reply Tron,
i am using 3 of them on my 8' unimesh . They perform wonderfully. The 3 are set to 87w, 91w, 99w.
Really my questions are about this lnb and circular setups and 40.5w- from post 22.

When I use 5750 on my B1sat with the Openbox S9 and do a blind scan I get duplicate channels, choosing the 5150/5750 option seems to scan correctly.:)

cable up or cable down? not sure it makes a difference, but i am curious.

I just braved the rain to check the lnb position and curiously the coax is on the left as I stand in front of the dish. The transponders seem to scan in correctly but this can't be right. I thought I went by the instruction given in other threads but obviously I didn't, I must investigate further.

progress is slow.
I took a serious beating today by a few fss lnbs.
it would seem they do NOT like 11842H sr 22000 from 97w.
I set my primestar up with the eagle aspen lnb with proper faceplate, scanned the tp right in awesome Quality.
Swapped out for the fss lnb and Quality dropped off dreadfully. I forget offhand what that tp scanned in as. Playing with the settings changed what it scanned in as , but didnt improve it.
nice thing about my coolsat 5000 is it has a place to input different LO settings.
set it back up with the eagle aspen and let it go for now. (non bandstacked lnb ) :(
bypassed my zinwell until it can be figured out.

santa, what bird u on? it could make it look left or right.

If Fss LNB's are bandstacked, did you do the formula?

24600 - 11842 = 12758? Scan 12758 V and see if it comes in for you

yep, did all that, and a lot more. I did get it in, many times, all terrible Q.
The other transponders came in great!! just not that one.

I'm looking at the Nasa channels on 87w. On my setup the transponders are the correct polarity with the coax on the left or the right of the lnb but with the coax oriented to the top or the bottom the Nasa stuff show vertical. Scanning with 5150 or 5750 with the S9 gives me double channels, maybe I will try the Pansat or the Mercury 2 to see if they are different. Everything works fine scanning with 5150-5750 selected in antenna settings.

turns out that 2 of the fss lnbs that i had were defective.
i am getting closer to an all bandstacked system!

leaving the LO on the openbox at 10750 yielded 12744 h 22000. the openbox found all the channels i watch, roughly 26 transponders worth of info. i watch about 3 of them. :)
it duplicated it in V but i deleted all the V tp duplicates so that i can stay on the H side of my zinwell.

turns out that 2 of the fss lnbs that i had were defective.
If you'll go back to post #5 of this thread, and read the article labeled:
Tech#344 builds his own feedhorns for DishNet 105° LNBs
I think the OP lists which versions of the FSS LNB were good, and which were suspect (likely defective).

(For some reason, the links aren't working right at this moment, but I'm sure the forum will be back to normal soon).

one of them was on the list.

When Dish first started manufacturing them they had problems with quality control so much so that they issued recalls on lot numbers P310, P311, P312, P410, P411, and P412. Through Experience I have found that lots P30-P45 are also usually bad also. Lots P50+ and the Q lots are much better.

i borrowed the quote as i will be needing the info.
Thanks Anole and Tech#344

... i borrowed the quote as i will be needing the info.
Thanks Anole and Tech#344

Yea, I'm glad you quoted it.
I probably should have, but like to give credit where it'd due.
Tech#344 did us a solid by providing that info.
We should most likely repeat his list every time we discuss those FSS LNBs, just to make sure that knowledge doesn't get lost.

I've also fixed the link in my master list, so next time I paste those three very valuable threads, they'll all work.

40.5W

The dielectric plate i have is roughly 1.5" X 2 3/8" long (store bought).
If i attempt to put that in all the way in the throat of the bisat, it kills my Q.
It sticks out about half way and i seem to have good Q There.
Does this mean i could cut the plate in half (3/4") ?
I cant put the end cap on with it the way it is, i have temporary adapted the old General instrument cap.
Do the plates have to be as large as they are?
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts