Bank of America adds ShopSafe for your credit card(s):

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I just wanted to tell you all that most if not all Bank Of America credit card holders now have a new feature called ShopSafe. I've been waiting for this feature to avoid companies double charging me or not canceling a service like they should. First to use this feature you must have your credit card registered with online banking. In simple terms if you can log into your BOA account and see your balance and such of your credit card your good to go. Also this service doesn't cost anything extra at all. No per transaction fee or monthly fee for that matter. I'll tell you all how it works.

If you want to buy something from a website your not quite sure about you can go onto the BOA website and log into your account and select the option to use ShopSafe. During this process you can set an account limit and an expiration date and the system will create a new credit card number. You can also allow the system todo a recurring payment for upto 12 months and also specify a max amount they can charge you each month as well. So if you decide to create a one time use credit card number you can do so now. After that one use the number will not work again. Also if you put the charge limit of say 200 bucks they cannot charge you anything more than that so make sure your limit is above what your charging to avoid a waste in time. So if your buying something that costs 248.26 put a limit of 250.00 for example.

Also for those sites that require that 3 digit code on the back of the card it will also generate that code for you as well. Also this will work with any online company that can take you real credit card as no special software or processing hardware is needed for the online company to process the request. Once a company charges you it will list as a charge under your real credit line and you can view all ShopSafe charges under your account. Also you don't need a new credit card account or anything as this works with all your existing BOA credit cards.

Also as a side note if your going to check this out under your account keep in mind that the servers are running really really slow now as the update has just been done but over the last hour or so speeds have been picking up.

I hope this information is of some value to anyone who reads this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)