Baseball Hall of Fame

Do you think we as fans should have the right to vote on Hall of Fame inductions?

• Yes, Let us vote!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keep it the way it is.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
With the announcement of Bruce Sutter being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Do you think that we as fans should have the right to vote on the induction or do you think it should be keep as is?

No. Fans are not in the least big objective. I'm not saying the current system is perfect...however, much like the All-Star game, the Hall will become a popularity contest if fans are permitted to vote. Perhaps fans can have a small say after intensive screening by the selection committee? But let's not open it up to a popularity contest.

I agree on the popularity contest. I do believe however they should change it somehow to let us have some type of say perhaps some type of electoral vote that is divided into the writers, players, owners, and fans. And as you said on the fans side they should have some type of screening process that you should have to go under in order to get in. May I say "Elite Fans".

Mixed feelings here...

Fans just vote for who they know. You'd see stupid guys get in before much better players. "homer" voting if you will. Happens to anything you let the fans vote on. All-Star Game? Plenty of guys who don't deserve to be there get in due to name recognition alone...NFL rookie of the week? Even if you're the 5th best guy, if you're a brown, you're going to win because the fans here vote constantly, etc...

BUT, I think something has to change so that some of the overlooked players can stop getting disrespected. Maybe after every year's HOF entrants are named, THEN you let fans vote on a pre-selected group of guys. This obviously wouldn't be high-profile players, it would be guys who get votes every year but just can't get enough to get in. This would keep everyday fans from caring, but still get the results...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts