Baseball in two months...will PA fans still suffer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That means your ISPs local network isn't in MLB.tv's location database or their database is coming back with incorrect location data for that specific ISP in your town. When I first signed up 5 or 6 years ago the Tigers were blacked out at my house but at my office in the same town they were in the clear. The only difference was that I had Charter at home and AT&T at work. As soon as we switched to Charter at work it was blacked out there too.

I can assure you that Rokus don't automatically get around blackouts with MLB.tv. I have one at my house and one at my parents house that I use my MLB.tv subscription on. In both locations the Tigers are blacked out unless I use that Unblock-US service.

You're getting by because of a glitch in MLB.tv's system. That doesn't mean that anyone who has a Roku will get the same result.

A friend in the LA area (I'm in Vegas) has that same "glitch". Now he's very happy because it's the only way he can watch the Dodgers, without having to resort to using VPN services. They don't even offer their channel on his cable system. I, on the other hand, don't really care as I can watch the 6 teams that call Vegas home via D* and the sports pak, with the exception being the Dodgers. The team I root for is 2500 miles away. It's the only reason I even sub to MLBTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts