SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
BASEBALL NOTES

Tejada talks might end

Wire Reports

<!-- begin body-content -->Baltimore is on the brink of abandoning its effort to trade disgruntled shortstop Miguel Tejada, a team official said.
"There is absolutely no deal we find acceptable to trade this very special player to another team," the official told The Associated Press.
Tejada said from the Dominican Republic on Thursday that "I am more upset than when I requested the trade because it's been a month and they haven't done anything. I don't want to say anything bad that can hurt my teammates, but look at Toronto. They have strengthened themselves, and we haven't done anything."
Briefly
Yankees: Reliever Octavio Dotel, 32, agreed to a one-year, $2 million contract, and infielder Miguel Cairo reached agreement on a one-year, $1 million deal.
Pirates: Pittsburgh was close to agreement Thursday on a one-year, $4 million contract with third baseman Joe Randa. The team held off announcing the deal until it reviewed results of a physical Randa took Wednesday.
Mets: Reliever Chad Bradford agreed to a one-year, $1.4 million contract.
Marlins: Florida agreed in principle to a deal with free-agent catcher Miguel Olivo, The Miami Herald reported on its Web site. The Marlins announced they have reached one-year deals with infielder Pokey Reese and right-handed reliever Joe Borowski.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)