Baseball on extra FSN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I didn't really think I was getting more than I paid for. Actually I was expecting blackouts. It just turned out that my first week of service was with the EI free preview. It's kind of cool that some of you live in an area where you get two (or more) teams. Getting only Chicago locals is fine with me. I mean the cubs play almost every day, and how much baseball can one man watch? :) Gotta get away from the TV sometimes...

I likely will drop down packages after four months, but I got singed up for the free NFL Ticket by paying 74.95 for the first 4 months, something like that anyway. Plus I like the movie channels. I can download any movies or shows if I really want to drop any chans, tbh directv is more of a convenience than anything else...

I've been pretty happy with the service, and am not pissed off or anything over the baseball. The college sports should be interesting, although I get all the Notre Dame (my team) games so I'm not sweating that too much. I will be cool to get some USC games and such, so I can pray for the demise of my hated rival :D

Its been no secret that I've never been a big fan of directv offering the RSNs while the most valueable content is being blacked out. For me its always been a 'why bother at all' kind of thing. I mean, I can see the benifit of nitty-gritting little local news if your somehow connected to a given region or are into the college fantasy sports thing or something, but according to my brother...it mostly general programing duplicated across all the RSNs...I mean if thats the case...:confused:

I do have to admit, I would love to get at least MY OWN RSN full-time...I'm getting a little tired of watching my screen go back to a test pattern just before "Cubs post-game live" after a big win...but I do agree...how much baseball can one guy watch? (especially being a Cubs fan too...one game is usually enough!;) ) I would switch to D* in a heartbeat if I could at least just get the other regional (in the MidWest) RSNs full time just to guage the divisional competition...but with EI its all or nothing, too expensive, and I would never have the time to take advantage of all of it.

Besides, I'm not sure that Foxsportsnet North (Milwaukee) or Midwest (Cards) are even available as fulltime HD RSNs on D* (verification appreciated:up) They would have to be getting the game feeds from somewhere...

Well again; seeing that your DBS nor cable company do not make the blackout rules and can't control them; what do you think their alternative is? NOT even offer the channels at all? RIGHT? That would sure mean less confusion over what can and can't be seen but would also bring on tons more whining & bitching. Griping about blackouts to us, DirecTV or in the DirecTV threads is totally useless; spend that time calling the leagues, the FCC and your Washington reps. Other than the general blackout questions from nubies, it damn near is a war zone topic.

Lol, sounds like you have it figured out.

If you drop down, I would recommend the HD/DVR package It includes your HD and your DVR fee.. Thats what I have with starz, and yes the sports package added. Saves me some money on the premiums that I dont want, and gives me the ones that I do. Win win, for me anyway.

msmith when i signed up i tried that and when i added the hd extra pack the amount for hd access changed from 0 to $9.99 + 5.99 for the extra hd. so i ended up with the total choice. maybe in a few months i should revisit this and change things around a bit.

Comacast from Philly...getting ready to watch the tonight's game as a matter of fact...what I would do to have this full time!! Love the name!!
Not many folks would understand the name. I'm hoping someday it doesn't mean as much, as in they have won it more than once.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts