Basic 2 dish setup for 61.5 and 72.7...what would I need?

Ypsiguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
Ypsilanti, MI
Just for extra connections in the house and the fun of it I have decided to aim a 30 inch dish at EchoStar16 and a 39 inch dish at Nimiq5/Echostar23. I am aiming at the Eastern arc, obviously.

No DVR'ing involved, just a VIP 211k and maybe a Wally, since the circular polarity LNBF's will be dual. I have on order a Dish SW21 switch for the 211k.

Just want to hear any thoughts or if I am missing any little details.

You would want a DPP33 if you can find one or a DPP44 which are common.

I wouldn't even bother with an SW21. I haven't seen one that worked right since the 301/311 days. :)

Cool, thx for the input :) Will look for a DPP33 or 44.

Update: I have a DPP33 on the way!

Looks like a DPP33 does not need a power inserter. Correct?

Also, I have 3 actual DP LNBF’s if the ones I ordered do not work, Krell. I would just need to fatten the feedhorn arm a bit with duct tape to get them to snugly fit.

Question for you all...does skew matter on a circular polarization LNBF? I know it definitely matters on a linear one.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
Also, I have 3 actual DP LNBF’s if the ones I ordered do not work. I would just need to fatten the feedhorn arm a bit with duct tape to get them to snugly fit.

Question for you all...does skew matter on a circular polarization LNBF? I know it definitely matters on a linear one.

LNB polarity isn't skewed with circular polarity and it doesn't matter if you skew the dish if you're only looking at one satellite at a time.

As you probably know if the dish is looking at more than one satellite position then the dish has to be skewed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)