Basic Broadcast T/W Cable w/Modulated Security Cams

winesmile

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
I have a client where in is previous home he had his CCTV modulated so that he could view his cams on ch. 65, 67, 69, etc. and have the lower channel just basic cable without having to use a box.

It worked great.

Now, he's moved and they have DirecTV as their provider, but would like the same ability. He doesn't mind having Time Warner basic AND DTV, but my concern is that with all providers going digi this wont work (or at some point will stop working).

I called T/W and they do have a "Basic Broadcast" package that does not require a box, but I'm not sure that's really the issue at this point.

My set up is as follows:

Cams to DVR via RG-59 Siamese
Out of DVR to Channel Vision 4200ir (3)
Out of 4200ir to Ant. input of TV via RG-6Q

I was thinking of adding a dedicated DTV receiver to an available input of the 4200ir and then add a Channel Vision IR-4101 Coax Adapter with IR at each monitor location.

Then the client would turn his TV to channel 83 to view DTV and using the DTV remote he could then control via IR what DTV channel is being modulated to Ch. 83.

Sounds good, but I'm wondering if there's a way of doing this so that two remotes are not involved. I know it sounds trivial, but they used to be able to use just the one TV remote to select what basic channel they wanted as well as what camera....

Any suggestions are welcome.

The whole setup depends whether or not the customer has (or may want to have) any HD monitors. If HD will ever be part of the proposition, you're screwed as HD cannot be economically modulated.

Most Time Warner systems splatter channels across the entire band now. A low pass filter is likely needed to make room for any modulated channels.

I don't think you'll be able to use the DIRECTV remote to change both DIRECTV channels and TV channels.

DVR means something entirely different here in TV land than in the CCTV business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)