Basic C-Band set-up for ME-TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

djblaze

Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Ma.
What's the smallast Dish I would need to pick up ME-Tv on C-Band ? I am not looking to see the whole spectrum , I don't receive ME-TV and looking for a smaller dish and receiver to get this channel as well as a small cost . Any help or suggestions would be helpful. I am located in Western Ma.

I pick it up with a WSI 6' Special. The dish is kinda flimsy so it doesn't perform well in windy weather. With the right attidude and persistance you could even get it on a 4' dish, as members here have demonstrated. But for the average, "I just want to watch TV not fool with it", you would be best to have a minimum 8' dish.

I was all hungry for ME and THIS and a week after I put up my C-Band dish those channels became local OTA for me.

Magic Static said:
I was all hungry for ME and THIS and a week after I put up my C-Band dish those channels became local OTA for me.

I bet the master feed from AMC3 looks better though. I have to say, MeTV is my favorite channel on C-Band.

I just want to lock in to 87w AMC3 thats all , so could a 4ft dish be able to do this. I have a clear sight . I just want a simple 1 receiver install , lock in to 87 w and be done.

I would say a 6 foot would really be the minimum especially since your location says MA which I assume is Massachusetts.

If he went with a 7.5 or 8 footer he could probably pull in those RTV S2 feeds as well. That is what I would do.

thanks for all the suggestions , it appears that this won't be possible. The closest ME-TV affiliate is about 85 miles away. I could get away with a 4 ft but not 6 or 8 ft.

Hi, I have had THIS for a while OTA and just the other day I noticed ME-TV showed up OTA on a sub channel to one of the big local networks (NBC). So now I have my BUD parked on AMC-1 for RFD-TV and the ION MX. It is amazing how many OTA channels I get now. Later, DC

thanks for all the suggestions , it appears that this won't be possible. The closest ME-TV affiliate is about 85 miles away. I could get away with a 4 ft but not 6 or 8 ft.

There is a transmitter located near pittsfield Mass....are you near that town?

What's the smallast Dish I would need to pick up ME-Tv on C-Band ?
Loaded question, so a loaded answer: it the smallest dish that works for you. Some say a 90cm dish is necessary for Ku. but I'm very satisfied with the performance of my 75cm CM. It's whatever "floats your boat" so to say, but I wouldn't consider anything under 6ft, if dependability is a consideration. for anything C band. 85 miles OTA may be possible with a good OTA antenna as long as theres no interfering/co-channel/adjacent channels. check out TV Fool.

I am about 35 miles east of Pittsfield. I currenly have a OTA antenna for secondary locals from CT. that I use the D* AM21 to pick up the locals with. But I had to change the zip code because D* had not updated the data in the AM21 so I couldn't pick-up 61.2(Antenna TV). So I changed it to a NY/NJ zip code because 61.2 was available . But the guide data is different of course . I am thinking about upgrading my OTA , 9.2 (WMUR) of of NH will begin broadcasting ME-TV 10/1 . Its located about 60 miles north of from were I am. But again the issue will be with D* updating the guide data in the AM21 , so I would have to hook the OTA directly to the TV which I don't want to do. So my other option was of course to see about a C-band set-up . But I don't want a big dish in my yard . So it looks like my option are very limited.

ME-TV has quickly turned into my favorite FTA channel.

I also love the fact that they have Gary Owens voicing all their commercials. :)

I just installed an antenna for my dad to get ME-TV Saturday. He's been glued to it. The main reason is he loves all the old westerns they air.

In the process he also now has THIS, Antenna TV and RTV all OTA with a guide.

Boy have I been under a rock! WMUR is the only channel I can get where I am with rabbit ears because I think the transmitter is on top of the mountain(hill) a few miles from my house. I had no idea they were FINALLY adding a channel. I will have to set my antenna back up(Irene blew it off my roof) and see what I can get. I am setting up a WSI 6' dish today so I will try to point it at 87w tonight and see what comes in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)