basic Dish hd question

Did you call a local retailer or Dish directly? I think that's Dish's policy when you order from them but we are a local retailer and happen to be in the Albany, NY DMA as well, but not in Massachusetts. :)

So if you can install a single dish that covers both 61.5 and 72.whatever in Albany, it should be doable here, us being neighbors.

I used an installer out of Pittsfield who helped me out over the years with both big and small dish.

I called the local retailer directly. Maybe he didn't realize there's a workaround.

So if you can install a single dish that covers both 61.5 and 72.whatever in Albany, it should be doable here, us being neighbors.

I used an installer out of Pittsfield who helped me out over the years with both big and small dish.

I called the local retailer directly. Maybe he didn't realize there's a workaround.

He probably didn't realize there was an easy workaround. For some HD installs we use the 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish for 61.5/72/77 and then a wing dish for 110. The 77 footprint is very weak around here but because almost everything we need is on 61.5/72/110 it doesn't make a difference. Further, the 1000.4 is harder to align and it takes some practice and a good meter to get the best signals on all three satellites.

Currently you got what Dish Network is saying you should have gotten so probably sometime this year they'll duplicate the Albany SD locals on the eastern Arc and make arrangements to upgrade your dish installation. That's what we're hoping anyway.:)

As you say, it seems like this is just a temporary situation. They're expanding the hd quickly, and there will be many more changes in the coming months. I'm sure this will be solved.

Thanks for your input.

In the meantime I'm extremely impressed with the hd picture quality and I'm very glad I took peoples' advice and went with the dvr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts