Basic HDTV Question (OTA how to?)

protoboard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2004
I live in the Chicago Area. Maybe someone local will have more insight on this question. Anyway, during a digital search I see that WLS has 3 channels 7-1, 7-2, 7-3. Last night during Monday Night Football when I clicked on the Off Air channel 7, under the sub-guide there was only one channel, 7-1. When watching this it was stretched SD TV. However, after Halftime, there was still only one channel and it was now HD.

1. Should I see all three of the channels at ALL times, or do they come and go as the channel decides to broadcast them.
2. Why was it not HD during the first half?
3. Is there a website, or something imsilar that will tell me how many DTV channels are broadcast by each network? If the person at work had never said "I get 3 channel 7's, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 I would have never known to even look.

As long as you get sufficient signal strength to catch all channels, you should be able to see all that the broadcaster sends out. In your case, it could be
- you were not getting enough signal strength to show the other sub channels
- the broadcaster was not showing them (low prob for all subs to not work...)

I know that in my area, 67.2, 67.3, 67.4 are broadcasted during the day but only 67.2 and 67.6 are broadcasted at night...just to illustrate the broadcaster's point...

protoboard said:

1. Should I see all three of the channels at ALL times, or do they come and go as the channel decides to broadcast them.
2. Why was it not HD during the first half?
3. Is there a website, or something imsilar that will tell me how many DTV channels are broadcast by each network? If the person at work had never said "I get 3 channel 7's, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 I would have never known to even look.

1. That's a little odd, but nothing I see really surprises me.

2. There is literally a switch in the control room locally that sends out the HD signal. Sometimes the night shift forgets to flip it. I have been watching a HD movie that goes to pillarbox for the commercial, then comes back on pillarboxed and switched to fullscreen right before my eyes (when the tech remembers to flip the switch). The HD stations don't get top priority in the great scheme of things.

3. Try titantv.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)