Basic setup question freq for a Vistar2000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
I have a basic question. I have a Vistar2000 (FTA) and know the system is working because I can get it work on dish 119 and get some music chans.

What do I put in for the Frequency, for dish 119 I am using 12268? Also what should I use for the SR rate?

Is there a list for all the KU sats? I know of the http://www.lyngsat.com site BUT don't know how to use the freq listed?

I am using a Primestar dish and LNB (One output) and did get on sat once BUT it was week.

Thanks fot the help/time.
Ken

Try NASA 12297 LEFT hand polarity means you use HORIZONTAL on your receiver/LNBF, S/R 20000

you need to add 3 zeros to the LO frequency and the frequency

As an example (using pete's)
LO 11250000
Polarity 18
Frequency 12297000
SR 20000

I think I am starting to get this. The LO freq is fixed, for a given LNB, and the Freq changes. This along with the LNB skew (angle) for non DTV and dish LNB's changes for diff Sat's?

Can other FTA receivers "SCAN" a rang of freq to get all FTA on a given sat? I see I can prog the 2000 for 10 different freq per sat or diff sat.

Thanks

Ken

Iceberg said:
you need to add 3 zeros to the LO frequency and the frequency

As an example (using pete's)
LO 11250000
Polarity 18
Frequency 12297000
SR 20000

ken2400 said:
I think I am starting to get this. The LO freq is fixed, for a given LNB,
YES
KU band is 10750000
DBS band is 11250000
C-Band is 5150000

and the Freq changes.
correct
a Transponder can have 1 channel or 20 channels on it. Eac TP has a frequency
This along with the LNB skew (angle) for non DTV and dish LNB's changes for diff Sat's?
the skew you can manually change (literally...you go move the LNB on the dish)
Can other FTA receivers "SCAN" a rang of freq to get all FTA on a given sat? I see I can prog the 2000 for 10 different freq per sat or diff sat.
yes. My Pansat can scan all TP's in a satellite or "search" for the new stuff.

The 2000 has major limitations. You can program up to 10 Tp's in it. So it fills up fast. I have one of these and it works good for Galaxy 10. Have most of the TP's programmed in there :)

The Pansat does the rest

I did some more putzing around and received the rest of the free stuff of DISH 119 bird. I now need to try some other sats.

I know the 18" dish is REAL small but can it and the DISH network LNB be used on other ku sats?

Also could I use my Primestar dish and LNB(one output) to receive the DISH 119 bird? I thought it would be a good test.

Thanks for the help.

Ken

Iceberg said:
YES
KU band is 10750000
DBS band is 11250000
C-Band is 5150000

correct
a Transponder can have 1 channel or 20 channels on it. Eac TP has a frequency

the skew you can manually change (literally...you go move the LNB on the dish)

yes. My Pansat can scan all TP's in a satellite or "search" for the new stuff.

The 2000 has major limitations. You can program up to 10 Tp's in it. So it fills up fast. I have one of these and it works good for Galaxy 10. Have most of the TP's programmed in there :)

The Pansat does the rest

ken2400 said:
I did some more putzing around and received the rest of the free stuff of DISH 119 bird. I now need to try some other sats.

I know the 18" dish is REAL small but can it and the DISH network LNB be used on other ku sats?

Other than 61.5, 82, 91, 110, 119 & 148 (which are all DBS satellites), nio
You need at least a 30" dish and a different LNB for KU Band
Also could I use my Primestar dish and LNB(one output) to receive the DISH 119 bird? I thought it would be a good test.
You can use the Primestar for all the others. That is a KU band LNBF on there and would be a size that would work. Try 123 W for some US networks (ABC, FOX, WB, UPN)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts